6x8's and all door speakers

Jduncan15

Hello I am fairly new to car audio and have added a 12" subwoofer to my car. All works amazing however I needed more from my door speakers so I upgraded to some Pioneer 6x8's. I have noticed they sound as if they have a little less bass and was wondering if I should add insulation behind the speakers? Also is there a break in time for door speakers like a subwoofer?

in my experience speaker baffels on the doors reduces the bass..... but helps isolate the sound inside the car.... I did these on my 4 doors using 6.5's and they are louder but I had to cross them over at a higher frequency.... stock was 5x7 but I made 6.5's fit and then used 5x7 baffels to give them more air space.... over all really happy with them and I dont need anything lower than 70hz from my doors that is what my sub is for.... i think my HU is set for 120hz with a -12 slope.... but I am still tuning my new 4800bs to get it right

I have definitely noticed that about the baffles thank you very much for the help! I have a 2010 fusion and it's coming along nicely. I've kept my hu OEM so far using an outline converter. And I have a 12" champion series pioneer pro sub with a 450w rms 900 peak pioneer amp. Have the amp gain set to roughly rms at the moment

Unless you amp them you probably are not going to gain much. Kicked and JL 6x8's play lower than pioneer in my experience off amp power. You are not really going to get much bass below 50hz and a sub would drown that out anyway.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Archived