.5 amp load question

so basically i would be better off running the sub at 2 ohms than to run it at .5 with the gain turned down to get the 1 ohm power/strain because the amp will be more efficient at 2 ohms with the gains set right?

I was just hoping to get the same power/strain wiring to .5 as wiring to 1ohm so i wont be killing the amplifier or under powering it at 2 ohms. what i was planning on doing was wiring to .5 and adjusting the gain until i dont drop below 12 volts because right now at 1 ohm i don't drop below 12 volts.

i just feel at 2 ohms i wont be getting enough power but if it will save my gear i will have to do it. What do you guys think about the adjusting gains til i don't drop below 12v at.5 ohms idea.

Ya we get what you're thinking, but unfortunately amp's don't work that way. My general rule is use equipment that is proper, if you don't have what is going to work with your amp/wiring/sub setup, get equipment that will or you're SOL! Lol

its you're gear..running at 2 is obviously advisable, and in theory will put the least strain on your electrical and equipment.

you said it yourself, you plan on reconing it...you could, as suggested earlier, just pound the herl out of it at .5, and sure enough blow it, and maybe your amp too :-(

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

Archived