Dc 15 lvl 5 or Xl 15

44ivan44

why do you want to wire them at 4ohm.... do you have a really powerful amp or regulated psu amp.... and a pair of level 4's will take 2500 all day and level 3's if your are careful max rms is somewhere around 2400... so a single level 5 or XL would also do 2500 rms....there is not many reasons why you would want to short change your amps potential.... its kind of like throwing money away unless you are trying to do more of an SQ setup..... if you have the money I would do 2 XL 12's @ 1ohm in a proper ported enclosure .... the power rating on DC subs does not change with driver size.... but 1 15" XL really is a beast if in the right box..... I know a guy running a single XL 15 off a cresendo 2K @ 1 ohm.... and will soon be adding another 15 and 2k after he gets his new alt and 2 D3100's installed... 1st gen fusion

why do you want to wire them at 4ohm.... do you have a really powerful amp or regulated psu amp.... and a pair of level 4's will take 2500 all day and level 3's if your are careful max rms is somewhere around 2400... so a single level 5 or XL would also do 2500 rms....there is not many reasons why you would want to short change your amps potential.... its kind of like throwing money away unless you are trying to do more of an SQ setup..... if you have the money I would do 2 XL 12's @ 1ohm in a proper ported enclosure .... the power rating on DC subs does not change with driver size.... but 1 15" XL really is a beast if in the right box..... I know a guy running a single XL 15 off a cresendo 2K @ 1 ohm.... and will soon be adding another 15 and 2k after he gets his new alt and 2 D3100's installed... 1st gen fusion

I have a bpx 2200.1 amp by jbl and it pushes out more when wired to 4 ohms and less on 2 ohms. its different than other amps. if you look up the specs for this amp you'll see where im coming from. so what kind of sub should i get? thank you

Archived