Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Converting in-home subwoofer to portable sound system


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello

I have a 12" homemade subwoofer with some unknown unit in it. It sounds amazing and is really deep, if hooked up to a proper amplifier.

I want to turn this subwoofer (which is 60 centimeters long) into a portable system for outdoor playing. I'll throw a good car battery in the sucker as well.

The actual subwoofer unit basically only has two wires. Negative and positive.

I have a few things in mind already:

1) Can I use this without a head unit? The size is critical, as you might know (you can only fit so much into a 60 centimeter box).

2) Will these two speakers do fine, so you can actually hear the song? http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00AYQPT42/

3) What kind of amplifier should I get? 4 channel and bridge the subwoofer?

It would be great to get some links. I prefer to order them from either http://amazon.co.uk/ or http://amazon.de/

Thanks for reading!

EDIT: On another note, I think a head unit will do great. Otherwise I'd have to mount the amplifier on the outside of the box. Oh that and bluetooth.

Posted

Sure, anything you hook up would play some music. It depends on what you are looking for of course, and a battery won't last long when your'e having fun so a plug in DJ style amp might be your best bet. There are a lot of small class D amps that are used on motorcycles that might be a good fit, though If you make it into something you really enjoy then the battery will be a chore. Maybe put it in a shed with a solar panel? Have fun, thats what its all about.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Posted

Sure, anything you hook up would play some music. It depends on what you are looking for of course, and a battery won't last long when your'e having fun so a plug in DJ style amp might be your best bet. There are a lot of small class D amps that are used on motorcycles that might be a good fit, though If you make it into something you really enjoy then the battery will be a chore. Maybe put it in a shed with a solar panel? Have fun, thats what its all about.

Yeah I could throw in a solar panel, but it would not charge very well to be honest. No sun in Denmark ;)

I basically want bass and not-necessarily insanely loud speakers. Outside portable sound system.

Posted

Id get soms smaller speakers, preferably component set.

Then get a class d 2.1 amp and cross the sub at ~100hz. This thing wont be very portable, but you can move it around for around the house for example

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2230 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...