Sonic Electronix

It dampens and adds rigidity, or at least is supposed to. And I have a feeling it does.

It doesn't dampen effectively (not at normal temperatures), it does add rigidity but with a bad weight to strength ratio.

People have been using vibraflex before ampere even started selling it.

The stuff is huge in the Euros and in competition, long before it was sold by Tantric, and now Ampere.

People here are afraid of spending money and they thing some product with a bunch of butyl rubber and a thin flexible 6mil piece of aluminum is better, or even worse yet they will buy asphalt based roofing material and put that in their car..

The SecondSkin DampPro is better than skyhigh due to the aluminum that they use alone.

A butyl based deadener alone will only do so much no matter how many layers you install, the vibraflex is not like a deadener since its hard and rigid.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT... SO JUST TO MAKE SURE I READ THIS RIGHT.... VIBRAFLEX DOES NOT DO WHAT DEADNERS DO?

Correct, It shits all over other deadeners.

1 layer of vibraflex will out do 2+ layers of your other deadeners. It will add a massive amount of rigidity to the roof.

You could probably walk on your roof without any bowing of the metal after applying it..

You are pretty much putting a lead panel on your roof with sticky adhesive...

The only drawbacks to the stuff is its really for flat or somewhat curved surfaces like a roof your not bending this stuff around tight radius corners like your typical dampeners.

The other drawback to it is cost (which isnt a drawback but everyone wants the cheapest deadener out there not caring about quality it seems) which is about $120 for 21 square feet.

I'd disagree, the stuff is rigid=not much dampening(deadening) going on.

It sure increases rigidity, but not in a efficient and easy to apply way.

It's quite a lot more efficient to glue sheets of aluminium to the roof(to the flat/slightly curved parts) or any stiff material that is a little bit bendable/pliable.

ok another good point... guess this stuff is just like most deadners it comes down to prospective and opinion lol wish I could see some more video or in person

2001 Ford Expedition

2 SA 12's

Crescendo 2000

M.E.C.A. 141.4 DB

I wish id had gotten some b stock SS. Used it on the last build, and loved it.

I have some 80mil vibraflex im going to put on this morning in the car, and im trippin a bit on it. Its thick, and im a bit worried im gonna struggle with application.

We will see.

We did put a entire 160mil pack on Kennys roof, over the seats, b pillar forward. It worked fucking great. And its DB drag legal. Was like adding a second roof up there.

is there any poss way you could get some before and after video? please..... I really am interested in this product but there isnt shit for video or anything to show its worth

2001 Ford Expedition

2 SA 12's

Crescendo 2000

M.E.C.A. 141.4 DB

There is the Vibraflex 160 and 80 mil. Per mass loaded deadeners you will not find a product other than wood that will stop a panel from vibration/flex. You can look on the Ampere website to get the loss factor damping capabilities of the product. Does it take a heat gun? Yes. Is it a longer process to use Vibraflex? Yes. Will you get better results from a butyl deadener? No. The hotter you get Vibraflex the more stiff it becomes once it hardens due to the mass loaded plastic in the deadener.

Team Ampere Audio

Sorry man, no vids. Vibraflex wasn't used for what you would want it for...it's stiff as all hell but a normal deadener (second skin is legit as fuck all) woulf have been better. Learn what they do, and when to use what. Bottom line.

It's all good man thank you for the thought. I found some videos over the weekend after digging in youtube, and I love SS Dam Pro I used that on my first build but dont think it will do what I need it too on my roof, from the 3 roof videos I've seen it looks like the 160mil vibraflex is how Im going to go for my roof

2001 Ford Expedition

2 SA 12's

Crescendo 2000

M.E.C.A. 141.4 DB

There is the Vibraflex 160 and 80 mil. Per mass loaded deadeners you will not find a product other than wood that will stop a panel from vibration/flex. You can look on the Ampere website to get the loss factor damping capabilities of the product. Does it take a heat gun? Yes. Is it a longer process to use Vibraflex? Yes. Will you get better results from a butyl deadener? No. The hotter you get Vibraflex the more stiff it becomes once it hardens due to the mass loaded plastic in the deadener.

Awesome. Thank you for your input.. So in other words Im going to hate the shit after I work my fat ass arms to death trying to apply it to my room lol. but will be happy with the results

2001 Ford Expedition

2 SA 12's

Crescendo 2000

M.E.C.A. 141.4 DB

Awesome. Thank you for your input.. So in other words Im going to hate the shit after I work my fat ass arms to death trying to apply it to my room lol. but will be happy with the results

You realize who Andrew2944r is right?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived