andru Posted January 14, 2016 Report Posted January 14, 2016 sundown audio support told me i need 2.5 cu ft per sub for proper perfomance according to sundown's site 2.5 is for sealed 3.25 for ported, this is still a pretty small airspace for a 15" a larger ported box is usually louder for music. personally I would try to give them 4 cubes each to get some more output from them I haven't worked with them and don't claim to be an expert in anything so don't take my word
sendcliffmail Posted January 14, 2016 Author Report Posted January 14, 2016 they have about 4 cubes now. it sounds decent now. i have tons of space...i wish i could post a pic of setup. im realy confused here. i can probably put my back seats in now. it is just gonna be pretty cramped. 1 inch is all im looking for and actually i just found a probox that will fit and save me 2 inches an still keep the desired cu ft. id rather just build my own box and not have prefab. i had no clue how impossible this is. my friend on the audio team #aintloud said there is no reason at all that it cant be done. hes running 4 18s in an s-10 with 2 taramps 8ks hitting a 158.1 with zero issues.
andru Posted January 14, 2016 Report Posted January 14, 2016 it looks like it should fit, it will be tight but 38x37x26 will get you around 18 cubes. you're going to loose some of that space for the port, bracing and sub displacement you might want to see if you can make the box wedge shaped so you can get as much space behind the seats as possible. it's going to be damn hard to find a prefab box that is going to fit.... and they are usually tuned high.
sendcliffmail Posted January 14, 2016 Author Report Posted January 14, 2016 I am not trying to compete with this truck. it is an everyday driver. im running 9 cubes now. but yes a box that is 38x37 will fit
sendcliffmail Posted January 14, 2016 Author Report Posted January 14, 2016 im going to measure this stuff now. but im looking to be tuned at or around 32-35hz
sendcliffmail Posted January 14, 2016 Author Report Posted January 14, 2016 my current box is 38'' wide by 19'' high by 33'' deep 2'' port in the center. supposedly tuned to 30.89hz but since its prefab im gonna assume its like 40-50hz
sendcliffmail Posted January 14, 2016 Author Report Posted January 14, 2016 im still waiting on anyone to actually explain how this doesn't work. how can I possibly be banging and be heard from blocks away wih my setup if its not supposed to be correct?
Miguels Posted January 14, 2016 Report Posted January 14, 2016 you dont get it.. it can be better.. if you are using the excuse that you dont compete then why the 4 subs? my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
sendcliffmail Posted January 14, 2016 Author Report Posted January 14, 2016 if it can be better then educate me please. I am not a professional. and I run 4 subs because I want 4 subs. actually I want 6 subs but $$$ is an issue with that. and no I haven't competed because in my area no one has a clue about audio anything. I am a beginner trying to learn.
sendcliffmail Posted January 14, 2016 Author Report Posted January 14, 2016 i guess i have just heard some really good systems before. i got a taste of bass two years ago. got to feel and see what 10k+ watts is like. ever since its been a passion to get there myself. to me my 4 15s sound quiet. im ashamed of them.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.