Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

enclosure for sa8v3s


Copper07

Recommended Posts

Posted

That looks GORGEOUS! And relatively inside my dimensions. Thank you so much Joe, I think this is the design im going to use! hmmmmmm now i just need to track down some sa8s xD anyways, construction wise, how do you recommend I put the bend in the ports? I was thinking either trying to bend some pvcs with heat, use a slow 90 elbow, or use a bunch of 15 degrees elbows or something together to get a slow 90. I plan to use pvc for the ports and then flare the ends with like a bowl or something and heat. How do you recommend I secure the ports? just the mdf supports internally and then epoxy to secure them in the holes on the face of the box? Sorry for so many questions, this is my first aero build.

I dunno but he got 99 problems reading aint the only one.

Terry Brocks', on 13 Oct 2011 - 1:38 PM, said:snapback.png

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. :)

Posted

To turn the ports I would go for some slow turn elbows like this:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/3-in-PVC-DWV-90-Degree-Hub-x-Hub-Long-Turn-Elbow-C4807LTHD3/100342987

Hopefully something cheaper if possible.

For the flares you can router them on the baffle if you have access to the tool, on the inside you can flare with heat.

To secure the ports I would do as you say, cutting some MDF and then some glue.

It is very important that all pipes are the same exact length, if you need some help with that, let me know.

Posted

Ok cool. What do you mean by, "Router them on the baffle"? How can I do that if the ports extend past the baffle, externally? The baffle is the board the subs mount to right? As for the pipe length, I planned on taking a straight, 31 inch, 3inch diameter pipe, with a cap, and fill it with water. Then set up the pvc I plan on using for the box, and cut and trim, until it fills with the same amount of water... Does this work?

I dunno but he got 99 problems reading aint the only one.

Terry Brocks', on 13 Oct 2011 - 1:38 PM, said:snapback.png

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. :)

Posted

My apologies your ports are partially external so you can only buy flares or as you said use heat to do the flares, to calculate the port length just assemble the pipes and elbow in place and draw a line on the top of the assembly, use a tape measure along that line until you get the 31 1/8" to do your cuts.

Posted

Alright, thats what I thought, and I was going to do the centerline in addition to the water thing. Ok, thanks again so much! If I run into problems during construction I'll PM you.

I dunno but he got 99 problems reading aint the only one.

Terry Brocks', on 13 Oct 2011 - 1:38 PM, said:snapback.png

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. :)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3159 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...