Irocthestreetz Posted January 17, 2016 Report Posted January 17, 2016 I have a chance to buy a hertz hx300 for $200 used, looking around it looks like they're about $600 new. How good are these subs in terms of sound quality and power handing? I want to do a sq build in my camaro and I'm looking to push about 1k to one 12 or 2 8s. The hertz is rated for 600rms would it be able to take a jl audio 1000/1 at 2 ohm (1000wrms)? Thank you
KiKaZz74 Posted January 17, 2016 Report Posted January 17, 2016 Had the hx300d. Was a great sounding sub. Kinda loose tho. Doesn't like rap and decaf. Loved rock and lighter tight bass. Ran it on jl jx1000/1d at 2 ohms none the less. It can handle the power but make sure it is clean and the box is well built and sealed if you choose sealed. Loved the sub. Wish I wouldn't have traded it off. Just not enough output for me is all My SPL to SQ Build Log Vehicle:1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6 Stock AltEquipment: Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12 Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" Processor- MiniDSP 2x4 RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series Wire- EB Flex 2/0 -Member of Team SounDrive
Irocthestreetz Posted January 18, 2016 Author Report Posted January 18, 2016 What do you mean by loose? Are there any sq subs on the market that are good for both rap and rock?
KiKaZz74 Posted January 18, 2016 Report Posted January 18, 2016 It doesn't have a suspension you can stand on. I mean I could bottom it out by pushing on it with one hand. It is still very accurate though. Not saying it was bad for rap but its no long throw high power sub. It may have just been my box also but qit should've been fine My SPL to SQ Build Log Vehicle:1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6 Stock AltEquipment: Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12 Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" Processor- MiniDSP 2x4 RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series Wire- EB Flex 2/0 -Member of Team SounDrive
Robert8252 Posted January 18, 2016 Report Posted January 18, 2016 Awesome subs. I ran a pair of 10s off a Audison 5.1k so around 5-600 watts rated. Favorite sub I've had so far. Sub will play whatever you want. Just depends on how good your box is. Can't remember if I ever finished the install 100% but found this pic. Probably in my old build log. 2013 F150 Crew Cab Old Build Log Feedback 2013 F150 Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.