Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Buying an 18 NEED HELP!


Astranomical

Recommended Posts

Posted

Yea I was looking at an sp4 few question about that woofer how many cubic feet is your box and it has a 3k ems but I'm only pushing like 2400 would that be an issue?

no, I'm running a c5 1700 at .5 ohm which is maybe 2500 and my box is around 6.5 cu
Now I'm gonna sound like a noob, which I am, can you do hair tricks and have you metered it? If so, what did you get
Posted

Why not two 18's?

I mean I could run 2 18's but still need help choosing the woofers and it would be 350$ max per sub so if you have any ideas let me know

A pair of SoundQubed HDC318's or Ampere Audio's 18's if you go with 2 18's.

SSA Evil 18, Fi SP4, DC Audio XL or Level 5, and Ascendant Audio Mayhem 18 are other ideas for the single sub.

Posted

Yea I was looking at an sp4 few question about that woofer how many cubic feet is your box and it has a 3k ems but I'm only pushing like 2400 would that be an issue?

no, I'm running a c5 1700 at .5 ohm which is maybe 2500 and my box is around 6.5 cu
Now I'm gonna sound like a noob, which I am, can you do hair tricks and have you metered it? If so, what did you get

Lol, hell naw. I can bristle a dread but no hair tricks. I'm not saying when I fully power it I could but I still have it underpowered.

Posted

Yea I was looking at an sp4 few question about that woofer how many cubic feet is your box and it has a 3k ems but I'm only pushing like 2400 would that be an issue?

no, I'm running a c5 1700 at .5 ohm which is maybe 2500 and my box is around 6.5 cu
Now I'm gonna sound like a noob, which I am, can you do hair tricks and have you metered it? If so, what did you get

Lol, hell naw. I can bristle a dread but no hair tricks. I'm not saying when I fully power it I could but I still have it underpowered.
lol bristle a dread
Posted

Well I'm not necessarily looking for loud/low sound quality more into loud/ good sound quality. I am looking for something that will take your breath away or at least make it harder to breath if the sp4 does that well I guess you made my mind up

Posted

I am currently looking for an 18 inch subwoofer I am running a dd m2b on a 270a alt with a second battery in the back of my 02 yukon xl space isn't really an issue power is kinda. Money wise I'm looking for around 5-700$ range tops just curious as to see what do you guys think would be the best bang for my buck and please don't turn this into a vs thread thanks

Ok, so im gonna take the approach that it doesnt seem many are taking here.

What are your goals with this, are you wanting to compete or just beat up the streets? Are you wanting to play low and move air, or are you wanting to have an accurate sounding system with good sound quality? What type of enclosure are you looking to build?

These are the sort of things that need to be known before anyone can reccomend a product without just pulling brands out of their ass.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

 

 

 

 

Posted

I am currently looking for an 18 inch subwoofer I am running a dd m2b on a 270a alt with a second battery in the back of my 02 yukon xl space isn't really an issue power is kinda. Money wise I'm looking for around 5-700$ range tops just curious as to see what do you guys think would be the best bang for my buck and please don't turn this into a vs thread thanks

Ok, so im gonna take the approach that it doesnt seem many are taking here.

What are your goals with this, are you wanting to compete or just beat up the streets? Are you wanting to play low and move air, or are you wanting to have an accurate sounding system with good sound quality? What type of enclosure are you looking to build?

These are the sort of things that need to be known before anyone can reccomend a product without just pulling brands out of their ass.

I am gonna be a street beater, maybe some comps. I am looking for a good quality built woofer that will last I want lows but not to concerned about air movement I mean yes it would be nice but realistically I want to get as loud as possible withing my budget. Also, the sub with be in a single slot port sub up port back

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3159 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...