Sundown Audio

Is this even feasible?!?

PinkFreud65

Also from personal experience alone, I've never had an issue with my AB woofers. I've only had XFLs however. I wouldn't venture below those in terms of price, only above. I've known a few people who are running/have run AB subs and beat the daylights out of them and have had no issues. Ultimately it's all up to you. If you were to raise your budget you could get into some REALLY nice 15s. however, with $400 the max, I'd steer clear of an 18 for right now. dont forget the enclosure size...

I'm in an interesting spot. If I buy my wife a new car, I can do whatever to this one. What kind of "raise" in budget would we be talking? The amp is 2kw rms and 4k max (according to AB) so would I even want to get a woofer that takes more than the rms of my amp?
for the power the amp puts out youd want a sub thats 1500-2000rms. the max ratings dont matter as youll never hit either.

check these out that are a little over your budget

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/death-penalty-15-incriminator-audio-15-2000w-death-penalty-series.html

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/sundown-audio-x-15v2-1500w-x-series.html

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/sundown-audio-z-v3-15-sub-woofer-1500w-rms-subwoofer.html

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/dc-audio-xl-15-m2-2200w-subwoofer.html

Those all look solid, thanks! I really like the sundown's and the DC. do you think wit one 15 in the right build I can hairtrick? I know that sounds like a 15 year old's question. :/ I'm really looking for "wow that ONE 15?!?" Kind of thing. Lol

Also, I assume I need to upgrade my doors and tweeters from factory? What would anyone recommend? I.e. coaxial, component, drivers, etc?

single 15 dc xl m1 (so not the newest) in too big of a box (he says) on 2k. its all about the enclosure and the vehicle and deadening. youll definitely want to upgrade your front stage, and amplify it just to keep up with the sub. you dont want to be all bass.

After searching the four some what...I basically want to get to "ground pounder" status. Idk if I can do that with a single 15 or 18 on 2kw. I doubt it. But that is my ultimate goal for my little car. :)

what kind of car is it? if it's a crx you can burp 150+ all day with an 8 in a bucket.

After searching the four some what...I basically want to get to "ground pounder" status. Idk if I can do that with a single 15 or 18 on 2kw. I doubt it. But that is my ultimate goal for my little car. :)

what kind of car is it? if it's a crx you can burp 150+ all day with an 8 in a bucket.
My car is a 06 Mazda 3i sedan. I've seen sealing and even cutting into the rear deck for port...but I don't want to permanently fuk my car lol.

***EDIT*** I also haven't thought about it before because of low powered systems I've had in the past....will I need more than the big 3? Like extra battery, HO Alt, etc?

My car is a 06 Mazda 3i sedan. I've seen sealing and even cutting into the rear deck for port...but I don't want to permanently fuk my car lol.

***EDIT*** I also haven't thought about it before because of low powered systems I've had in the past....will I need more than the big 3? Like extra battery, HO Alt, etc?

I have the big 3, 1/0, a factory agm battery, and a secondary smaller battery (shuriken BT20). Sadly I havent been able to find a HO alt for my car under $500. However, my factory alt is 140amp. With all these components running the ph4000md and a 4 channel, I havent had any issues. No low voltage, no dimming lights, its all good. I may be lucky however. If you can find a reasonably priced HO alt, do it. definitely do the extra battery and big 3.

To get the best output from yoru trunk setup, youll want sub forward and port either forward or up through the deck (this will be a lot of mostly irreversible modification). With this youll want to seal the trunk off too, by way of a beauty panel is the easiest way.

I have the big 3, 1/0, a factory agm battery, and a secondary smaller battery (shuriken BT20). Sadly I havent been able to find a HO alt for my car under $500. However, my factory alt is 140amp. With all these components running the ph4000md and a 4 channel, I havent had any issues. No low voltage, no dimming lights, its all good. I may be lucky however. If you can find a reasonably priced HO alt, do it. definitely do the extra battery and big 3.

To get the best output from yoru trunk setup, youll want sub forward and port either forward or up through the deck (this will be a lot of mostly irreversible modification). With this youll want to seal the trunk off too, by way of a beauty panel is the easiest way.

I'm not sure of the outcome of my car yet. I may keep her till she dies, I might trade her. I like the forward port idea. Would I even need to worry about rear door speakers, or just the front? Components, coaxial, etc?

I'm in a rough place atm. I have a good job, but it doesn't pay much. I.e JUST enough to get bills covered and MAYBE buy the wife a small gift for valentine's day. But, if I move back to where I used to live, I got a job that can double my current pay. And I love car audio, and of course it's not a cheap hobby. So I'm a bit SOL right now. Lol

I'm not sure of the outcome of my car yet. I may keep her till she dies, I might trade her. I like the forward port idea. Would I even need to worry about rear door speakers, or just the front? Components, coaxial, etc?

I'm in a rough place atm. I have a good job, but it doesn't pay much. I.e JUST enough to get bills covered and MAYBE buy the wife a small gift for valentine's day. But, if I move back to where I used to live, I got a job that can double my current pay. And I love car audio, and of course it's not a cheap hobby. So I'm a bit SOL right now. Lol

shit. you just reminded me of valentines day. i hate that fucking "holiday" now i have to figure out what to get the gf...

anyway... im not here to be a life coach of any kind. do what you need to do to be happy, regardless of the money. although having money makes me happy. stay at your current job and slowly save (which sucks to wait) or go back home and have a job you may not like and buy stuff to create the happiness youre missing out on. up to you.

as for the rear fill... thats up to you, I say keep em, they arent doing any harm. maybe just dont upgrade them like the front stage.

Archived