Second Skin Audio

Box for HDS315

dangercdv

I have to HDS215s, in a box thats way to small for them, and I can tell. Its been long enough, im going to upgrade to the HDS315, just get a single one, and put it in a new box in the back seat of my car... but looking on ebay im trying to find the best box I can for it, and im not sure what to pick based on volume and port area.

I emailed soundqubed with 3 options (3cubes, 3.5, and 4 all with different ports) and he said any of them would of worked. So out of these 3 (or another box for $200 or less) what is the BEST option for the HDS315?

(3.5 cubes, tuned to 32hz, two aero ports)
OR
(4 cubes tuned to 33hz, slot port)
OR
(2.95 cubes tuned to 31hz, slot port)
Also, personally I like the first one the best based on looks, but im afraid those two 3 inch ports wont be enough, but I could be wrong.

Two 3" ports isn't enough port area for most 10" subs, stay far far away from that box.

Generally I'd say to stay away from ebay sub boxes, but the second two do look decently constructed. The 4 cube box will get you more output around tuning, but either would work.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Well the first box is built out of birch plywood, which I consider superior to MDF, but it doesn't make a huge difference. My concern with the last box is port area. They don't say what it is. You could ask them what the port dimensions are and then let us know. Then we would be able to give you a better answer.

What amp are you going to be running?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

Yeah, just as long as they can tell you the width and height of the port, that's all we need to know to calculate port area.

Builds:

still waiting on a responce but how do you know the other box has enough port area? http://www.ebay.com/itm/SOUNDQUBED-HDC315-15-Hand-Crafted-Birch-Ported-Subwoofer-Enclosure-/281889670394?hash=item41a1ef04fa:g:To4AAOSw5IJWdTzu

Obvisouly it looks bigger...but is it worth spending an extra $40 to have the larger port area? I have to measure my back seat for that box also cause I may have it facing up if its too deep.

still waiting on a responce but how do you know the other box has enough port area? http://www.ebay.com/itm/SOUNDQUBED-HDC315-15-Hand-Crafted-Birch-Ported-Subwoofer-Enclosure-/281889670394?hash=item41a1ef04fa:g:To4AAOSw5IJWdTzu

Obvisouly it looks bigger...but is it worth spending an extra $40 to have the larger port area? I have to measure my back seat for that box also cause I may have it facing up if its too deep.

The one on the link has 16x3 = 48 square inches and it's enough port area, definitely is worth to have proper port area, but if you made it yourself it would be way cheaper and better customized to your vehicle. It would also be useful if you told us what's your vehicle.

Archived