Clownrock95 Posted January 26, 2016 Report Posted January 26, 2016 I was wonder how every one reseals grommits after the wires are removed (for upgrades or whatever) I'm thinking silicon calk but I'm not sure if it will stick Reason I ask is I ran 2 6ga wires threw a grommit and when I upgrade I'm gona run 2 0ga threw holes drilled into the firewall with appropriate grommits for easier running of the wire (the 6ga didn't like making the twists I wanted it to I don't think 2 0ga are gona be any happier)
3vil Posted January 26, 2016 Report Posted January 26, 2016 By reseal grommets, do you mean holes in the firewall, door jamb, or other sheet metal areas where you had to drill to get the wire to pass through? I don't know why you would ever need to reseal a grommet, so maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're asking. But if you're actually trying to seal off the hole left behind after a grommet is removed then what your looking for is a body plug The first pic is of grommets. The second is of body plugs.
Clownrock95 Posted January 26, 2016 Author Report Posted January 26, 2016 By reseal grommets, do you mean holes in the firewall, door jamb, or other sheet metal areas where you had to drill to get the wire to pass through? I don't know why you would ever need to reseal a grommet, so maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're asking. But if you're actually trying to seal off the hole left behind after a grommet is removed then what your looking for is a body plug The first pic is of grommets. The second is of body plugs. i cut a hold in a large grommit to run my wires throught but when i remove the wires i wont be able to change the grommet out (see link below) so i was wondering how to seal it its my own fault for not planning ahead http://webpages.charter.net/bakerk/grommet.JPG http://forums.trailvoy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5050&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1244609362 these arnt my pictures cause its to cold but that is the grommet im trying to semi repair i will go down and get pictures of my turn in a few
3vil Posted January 26, 2016 Report Posted January 26, 2016 Ah gotcha. Yeah I'd try silicone I guess, unless you wanna fish that harness out and replace the grommet (too much work).
Clownrock95 Posted January 26, 2016 Author Report Posted January 26, 2016 Ah gotcha. Yeah I'd try silicone I guess, unless you wanna fish that harness out and replace the grommet (too much work). ya i don't particularly think fishing the main harness for a vehicle would be fun or easy lol so silicone it is then
Skullz Posted January 26, 2016 Report Posted January 26, 2016 Use RTV silicone, as the other stuff won't stick for long, and you won't need a lot to seal the hole up. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Clownrock95 Posted January 26, 2016 Author Report Posted January 26, 2016 Use RTV silicone, as the other stuff won't stick for long, and you won't need a lot to seal the hole up. thanks
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.