Second Skin Audio

Can someone give me the specs on this box design?

It's 2.6 net with subs installed, about 32Hz tuning.

can you help me out with one i just built using Torres and Sketchup?

2saxo91.png

did i build it right for 36.86hz and 3.18cu.ft? torres doesnt give me the dimensions of the port so i did some guessing and used the dimensions i entered. the port i entered was 14.5"x3.5"x24, so i subtracted the 15.5 from 24 and was left with 8.5" left and since the back wall part of the port is only going to be half as wide at 1.75" i did the same length on both sides, since 8.5x3.5=29.75 and 17x1.75=29.75. did i build it right? and if i didnt what are the specs on the box i built?

The thing you need to keep in mind is that ports done that way are finicky. A 3.5 inch wide volume of air will behave differently than the 2 1.75 inch wide volumes of air.

would it be better to cut the walls shorter and keep the whole length of the port 3.5" wide?

What subs, how much power, and what vehicle? All of this has be known before a box design can even be considered.

And just to say, as far as ported boxes go, i have built every bit of 1,000 of em, and i dont think ive ever used a port that long. Ive probably only ever built maybe 10 of them that even had a bend in the port.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Once the subs are in (0.1 cubic feet each) your box is 2.7 net @38Hz, your center line length is 27.375", just enter that 27,375 and set driver displacement as 0.2 and you will get something closer to what I am giving you.

for future reference how do i calculate that centerline length?

Measure along the center line of the port end to end, then you can calculate the parts.

no

Im saying that may be his thought on it.

he would be wrong

Using torres in itself was enough for me to determine that.

you would be right

Archived