2012 Toyota 4Runner SQ+ build

I've been seeing the REW word pop up a lot. What is that, can you explain please?

I've seen Dough from Soundman do a lot of tuning with the RTA and I kind of get a little bit of what he's doing, but I could never afford an RTA. So I guess it doesn't matter.

REW is a free program, all you have to do is purchase a microphone. Here is a link to it. http://www.roomeqwizard.com/

Also, there are plenty of free RTA apps for your phone. I went with AudioTools which costs $20 and the Dayton iMM-6 microphone which costs around $15 from parts express. It is a good starting point.

LOL, hey Alpine, how bout I just drive down to you when I'm ready and you can help me? Bay Area right? LOL 2 G's, damn!!

I've always been a bit suspect on the phone apps myself. Not saying they don't work, I don't have enough experience with them, but Alpine has a great point. A $20 app isn't going to compare to the actual tool that's calibrated and made for this exact purpose.

Let us know how it goes with the Helix. I've heard great things about it. Interested to know if you tell a difference right away.

I would not use anything but this

only retails for 2 grand but I bet a 20$ app is just as good????

10393932_894920650521305_788196523737094

one peskey freq... at 250 hz

10354996_895049560508414_281142972593824

Then I guess I will just give up on the hobby. I appreciate the feedback though and thanks for discouraging people from trying to make do with what they have.

I hope your attitude is better than it comes across online. I really hope you aren't always negative in the real world like you are on this thread.

I think YoYo down here has one I tried using it.I have no clue what I'm doing .and he was no help either..really like to see what my front stage is capable of.

Then I guess I will just give up on the hobby. I appreciate the feedback though and thanks for discouraging people from trying to make do with what they have.

I hope your attitude is better than it comes across online. I really hope you aren't always negative in the real world like you are on this thread.

I asked you a question...

if you want to read as discouraging or negative that is on you

guess you missed the part where I stated I would try and help you with questions

that was me being nice you want negative? or want to see me negative? lol I am pretty sure you don't

good luck you are going to need it!!! even more so when you take offense to a question lol

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

That's just how he is. It's not a matter of him being negative, he's just being truthful.

If you stop and think about it, it's kind of exactly what I said. You have a $20 app on a phone, and a mic, vs a piece of equipment designed specifically for this. it's got way more to it than any app could ever have. Which is why it's worth $2k plus.

You're competing, so you want to make sure you know for a fact where you stand on your tune. I would never trust an app, to get me to a competition level tune. I don't even know how to tune! It's kind of like saying with this pill you can loose 100lbs and it'll work better than eating better and excercise. How much sense does that make? It may work a little bit, but it will never work as well as doing it the right way.

He knows his shit.

I'll stay out of it now.

That's just how he is. It's not a matter of him being negative, he's just being truthful.

If you stop and think about it, it's kind of exactly what I said. You have a $20 app on a phone, and a mic, vs a piece of equipment designed specifically for this. it's got way more to it than any app could ever have. Which is why it's worth $2k plus.

You're competing, so you want to make sure you know for a fact where you stand on your tune. I would never trust an app, to get me to a competition level tune. I don't even know how to tune! It's kind of like saying with this pill you can loose 100lbs and it'll work better than eating better and excercise. How much sense does that make? It may work a little bit, but it will never work as well as doing it the right way.

He knows his shit.

I'll stay out of it now.

He can be however he wants. Many successful competitors tune with REW. As for knowing his shit, that's great but I wouldn't take his advice. After saying the PPI 6.5's need crossed over at 100hz plus he lost me.

Ed Rice won the triple crown with them crossed over at 60hz.

Call me sensitive all you want. Feel free to leave the thread. I'm a big boy, I'll be okay.

Archived