Second Skin Audio

Box Design

box specs posted at the top seem a lil small to me, 5.6 cubes is not very much airspace for 2-15's, when I ran the l7's they seemed to like mid to large size box's or sealed, I had my L7 12's in 6.5 cubes after displacement, ported, tuned to 35 hz, and it Hammered ( would completly blur your vision) with 2kw.

Well theres just not enough room back there... Ive heard them in smaller enclosures and they work pretty well also. Optimally, they do great in about 10-11 cubes for the pair, but there is no way that will happen. It would be loud, but really only excep on alot of bassheavy music.

From what Ive seeen with the L715s is that a decent sized box tuned a little higher lets them play everything. It also takes alot of the muddiness away and makes them alot more musical and tight sounding on all types of music, but still really get down around 40-55hz.

Well theres just not enough room back there... Ive heard them in smaller enclosures and they work pretty well also. Optimally, they do great in about 10-11 cubes for the pair, but there is no way that will happen. It would be loud, but really only excep on alot of bassheavy music.

From what Ive seeen with the L715s is that a decent sized box tuned a little higher lets them play everything. It also takes alot of the muddiness away and makes them alot more musical and tight sounding on all types of music, but still really get down around 40-55hz.

my original plan was 4 (i think funding wise i'll be happier, and less broke). I had a wild idea about 6 but I don't think doubling up on my equipment is going to disappoint me :)

The Kicker L7s definitely prefer bigger boxes, but if the box is designed properly you can make up for a lot. I had one '06 Kicker l7 15 in a 6 cu ft (NET) box, tuned to 30 Hz with a little under 2kW rms and it was almost as loud as my 2 15" audiopipe setup. It's just not as clean sounding. I have high expectations for the 2k8 version, though...higher motor force, less heat....

The Kicker L7s definitely prefer bigger boxes, but if the box is designed properly you can make up for a lot. I had one '06 Kicker l7 15 in a 6 cu ft (NET) box, tuned to 30 Hz with a little under 2kW rms and it was almost as loud as my 2 15" audiopipe setup. It's just not as clean sounding. I have high expectations for the 2k8 version, though...higher motor force, less heat....

i am excited about the less heat part.

Yeah the box that g.monkey designed will have the port up subs up. I am aware that the box is undersized but realistically I don't have that much space to work with. I could do a wall but I have to think about it first. This box that I am building is going to be tuned at 38 hz. Just like g.monkey said, it should still pick up the lows but sound a lot better on that higher bass.

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings