Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

1 SA12 box enclosure design help


Ajthor24

Recommended Posts

Posted

I just got my SA-12 and am looking to build a box. I'm sick of looking for one online so I'm willing to buy a design from someone credible.

It's going in a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

1 Sundown SA-12 D2 REV.3 750 rms (wired to 1ohm)

Hifonics BRX1516.1D(told by sundown rep this won't be too over powering as long as it's clean)

I just need a box & I'll be slappin again. Any help is appreciated, if it's you, or someone you know please point me in a direction.

P.S I love lows - was thinking 32-34hz @ 2.0^3 but, looking for a professional guidance to crunch the numbers so I can make some cuts. I'd like to avoid 45 degree cuts but will use if absolutely necessary.

Posted

going sealed or ported. just asking.. mine are sealed and i like it .running mine off of an orion xtr2500.1d amp and sounds good to me . but mine are in a trunk so with you having a jeep ,your miles may vary. lol. will be watching this also as i am looking into ported also .

if my ears dont buzz. you need more ..

Posted

I had 2 kicker cvr's back in 08 sealed, ppl have been telling me this 1-12 will hit harder & sound better than those in a good tuned ported box. Ive built before but didn't put much into it, I'm trying to maximize this sub n get as much punch as possible, sealed or ported idk, hopefully thats where an experienced designer comes in lol

Posted

So here is a suggestion sub / port firing backwards, power: to 1K clean power, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 2 1/2", figure is just an assembly guide:

sa12.jpg

1SFPFno45s_zps74ec662c.jpg

  • 1 month later...
Posted

I punched these numbers into the RE calculator (said to be not exact i guess) , but it says that this box is 2.26, so after sub displacement would be 2.12?

If this box is truly 2 cu feet after sub displacement i would like to build it.. but my current box is 2.25 before sub displacement.

Posted

Well forget about the RE it has many problems including the inability to account for driver displacement.

Any issues with your current box?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7245 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...