Jump to content

Choosing tweeters with mids


DylanBunch

Recommended Posts

Posted

So I'm planning on running the nendo neo fortes in the future (mainly cause of the mounting depth, open to any other shallow pro mids you guys suggest) and I'm wondering what style highs or tweeters I should pick to match up with mid ranges well. I don't want super bulky door panels so I'm trying to rule out a more mid bass style speaker. Since keeping up with 155s won't be an issue anymore I'm looking for loud but good sounding and am wondering if I get super tweets since under 6-8khz will be handled by the mids or if I go with the trusty good sounding silk dome tweeters and have the speakers overlap on frequencies. Will be run active on 80prs

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Posted

Those and crossfire dome tweets are top of the list as of right now. Just looking for input on what pro setup I could make sound good. Kinda want to try horns but they'll be bulky as fuck on a door panel

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Posted

How about using some Eric Stevens under dash waveguide horns? I have used those for years meaning USD Audio and Erics' former company Image dynamics with great success

Posted

Crescendo FT-1s. Mclaren also has a wide rands of tweets.

Posted

Yeah the idea of matching is intriguing, ft-1s are probably gonna be my choice. Idk if I want under dash horns, not hating on the sound at all but I'm not a fan of the placement. I want everything on my doors

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1090 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...