Vehicle has a non stock alternator bracket how do I find out what fits?

So, I bought an alternator to fit my 1994 k1500 pickup and it didn't fit. I double checked and it's supposed to be a direct drop in. I contacted the previous owner and they neglected to tell me that when they put a new motor in they put a Suburban 5.7L in but don't remember the year and somehow put a cavalier alternator on it. They did a good job at it because you can't tell at all, but it's coming to bite me in the ass. Is there any way I figure out what fits on it? They don't remember what year cavalier the alternator was supposed to go to either just that they did it all about 2006. I do intend on going to a junkyard and pulling a stock alt bracket next time a junk yard has my vehicle in my area, but until then is there any way to figure out what fits?

Current Alt has the same wiring harness and all, the only difference between the two is that the one currently on has a 5 inch width between the bolts and the one I'm trying to put on has an 8 inch width between them.

Sub: Soundqubed HDC3.1 18"

Sub Amp: CAB-1600.1

Front Stage: Infinity Kappa 4x6

Front Stage Amp: Memphis PBC400 (upgrading soon just had this laying around)

I would take it out and take a bunch of pictures from different angles post them here. take it to a nappa auto and see if they can find u a similar one. Or Hit up singer ask him if he would help u out.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

You really want to know what year the 5.7 donor vehicle was. That should tell you everything you need to know.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

Did it come with an alternator? Looking at the case on that would tell you what kind. I'd take measurements of the bolt spacing and compare that with tech drawings of alternators from that era. Alternatorparts.com should have all the casing dimensions you need, it not the names you'd need to google to get what you're after. It's more than likely a CS130 with a specific housing.

Don't trust a shop but you personally just smoked two decks, makes sense.

03' Trailblazer LT
Dayton Designer 6.5"s & Silkie tweeters
Dayton Audio Ultimax 18"
Pioneer 9601 & 8604
XS Power D3400
2 runs 1/0
Singer 250

Archived