Sundown Audio

Hot electrical smell anyone else have this?

Masterbasser

I know how subwoofers smell when they are getting hot coils ( very distinct smell)

after tuning my system with a smd dd-1 i purchased im fuckin poundin that bass, loudest system ever, loudest this setup has ever been

Im experiencing a different smell when im going all out lately, the smell of hot electricals, I have not been able to get back to check for amp hotness or anything because the hatch is such a bitch to get closed again sometimes

Im running at 1.6 ohms so i didnt think that load would be to much for the amp it is 1 ohm stable

the subwoofer is right behind my seat and i can check the dustcap for hotness with my hand and its not hot at all, more like a lil luke warm nothing alarming

I am not dropping below 14 really at all when im driving at 1800+ rpm, and i turn it down when im at lights/stop signs ( i dont have any reserve yet)

anyone else experience this hot electrical smell and have any ideas of what it may be???

I'm running 4/0 welding cable to the battery in the back from alternator and 0 gauge American bass ofc cable from custom battery terminals to the amp

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

What DD-1 track or overlap tone did you use for the DD-1?

And, just my opinion, you shouldn't allow the fact that you don't have reserve to be the reason you turn it down at lights and stop signs, you should always do it anyways, out of respect for others around you, because the more we disturb the people who don't want to hear it, the more those people are going to press to have stricter laws regarding noise from vehicles

Archived