Shots Posted February 24, 2016 Report Posted February 24, 2016 I'm having problems finding boxes/specs for my RE SXX 12's was hoping someone here would give me advice on what to do or what to go with as far as box designs/specs. Would prefer something ported. I have a Hifonics ZRX1200.1D but I do plan to upgrade to something bigger later on. Not exactly sure what would work best hopefully someone can help me out!
Shots Posted February 24, 2016 Author Report Posted February 24, 2016 Am I missing anything that would help you guys out with this because I was looking at other threads seen some nice box ideas/designs if nobody replies here I'll probably just find something on here thats close to what the RE SXX's needs
Joe X Posted February 25, 2016 Report Posted February 25, 2016 So here is a suggestion, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 5 1/2", figure is just an assembly guide:NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.
Shots Posted February 25, 2016 Author Report Posted February 25, 2016 Ur the man Joe X looks awesome I truly do appreciate the help I'll try to update here and let you know how things are going
MotorCityFats13 Posted February 25, 2016 Report Posted February 25, 2016 I had a 97 lumina... I think its the same model... I wedged in a 4.5cuft after displacements box in the trunk tuned to 32hz and I had to remove the latch striker and trunk seals just to fit it in.... made it so tight I had to bend up the trunk spring rod and force the box up in there... spare tire had to be moved and the trunk no longer functioned as a trunk... just a place to store the spare tire..... I hope your new joe X box give you life long good times.... I thought the size of the trunk was bigger but that changed fast when I started to design the enclosure!
Shots Posted February 25, 2016 Author Report Posted February 25, 2016 Yeah the trunk looks pretty big at first but the hinges are pretty big and hang low once the trunk is shut really deceiving.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.