Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

need help with solo x 18 dual 1ohm


kingsize513

Recommended Posts

Posted

I would check the headunit eq settings make sure they are flat. Theen reset the gains and the subsonic and lpf . Make sure youre no more that 5hz below tuning on the subsonic and at about 80hz for the lpf. I think you are either overpowering the sub too much or clipping. I used to run a 15 t2 on 2 1100w amps and it was majorly overpowered. I would always get that smell after hitting hard on one song and eventually the sub gave out. I wasnt clipping but running a 1500w sub at 2200 w rms is a bad idea all around unless u have alot of money to burn. Luckily i had warranty and they replaced it no questions asked.

my eq settings on head unit is flat and flat on y clarion eq. but i will make sure all the settings are right on the amp. thanks for the good info
I dont mean keep them flat i just mean have them flat to set gains and filters. After that eq all u want but just make sure u check for distrotion after

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

Posted

fyi, the coils on the solox are already tinted black, you would have to really fry the coil for it to turn from bright copper to black burnt copper. by that time you would have already melted the coil.

 

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

Posted

thanks everybody for the help. after i received my distortion meter i set my gains correctly and its been pounding like a champ since then. i guess i was clipping the hell out of it

Admin. problem solved close thread if you like. thank you

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4734 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...