Second Skin Audio

Any Regular cab box Guru's out there?

RyanRosier

I believe they were renamed Alpha Series

I think those are the entry level for them, not entry level by any standards, but I think thats where they start at, 750watts RMS i think lol. I think I said earlier about wanting to run some SSD's but I guess all I'm really after now is SPL, and 750 watts on one subs versus the the 650 I have on the 2 12's lol

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

yes the name changed to alpha series. i built the box for a buddy of mine... when he brought the truck i told him not to adjust his seats since i wanted to take measurements the way he rides his truck ( hes around 5'8" im 6 feet)... long story short he dint loose any leg room the seats stayed the same and i was aible to even save him more space than usual.

as far a measurements go they are fairly similar to yours cant remember correctly on top of my head but it was like 56" wide, 13.75" height, top depth was like 5" or 6" and bottom depth was like 10"

box construction is not that hard if your you have worked with angles. and have a table saw. hardest part was at the middle of the box you have to make a 1" slot in order to make the center console go up and down or else it will hit, and the circle to have the sub woofers flush mounted

i was aible to have the box made using just about 3/4 of a sheet just as long you dont mess up on a cut.

for surround clearance i did a 3/4 circle in order to have the sub woofers flush mounted

i can get you some pictures of the box this weekend, i still have some things to work on his truck.

yes the name changed to alpha series. i built the box for a buddy of mine... when he brought the truck i told him not to adjust his seats since i wanted to take measurements the way he rides his truck ( hes around 5'8" im 6 feet)... long story short he dint loose any leg room the seats stayed the same and i was aible to even save him more space than usual.

as far a measurements go they are fairly similar to yours cant remember correctly on top of my head but it was like 56" wide, 13.75" height, top depth was like 5" or 6" and bottom depth was like 10"

box construction is not that hard if your you have worked with angles. and have a table saw. hardest part was at the middle of the box you have to make a 1" slot in order to make the center console go up and down or else it will hit, and the circle to have the sub woofers flush mounted

i was aible to have the box made using just about 3/4 of a sheet just as long you dont mess up on a cut.

for surround clearance i did a 3/4 circle in order to have the sub woofers flush mounted

i can get you some pictures of the box this weekend, i still have some things to work on his truck.

Oh that would be awesome! I'd apreciate that! How many cubes of air?

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

Was it ported or sealed btw? and do you have the design? or a cut sheet to go along with it? as you said you used 3/4 of a board and I would love to be able to do that loll

2016030595164603_zpsoysoudes.jpg20160305_164551_zpspmd3aeht.jpg

Did you have any trouble fitting that amp? Because on my old amp Kicker ZR240 I had to slip some washers inbetween the seats and the cab to raise my passenger seat a couple milimters.

What did you do about the bolt that was on the hump behind the seats? I have that bolt the the jack cover was secured down to and I've just drilled a hole to set the box on it.

Personally, I want to get low and loud. Real low, what could this box do if it was ported? Because I've always ran a sealed but my curiosity for a ported keeps growinggg. But if the future set up I get bangs hard enough I guess I'd be happy. I'm just so scattered ya know? But the cut sheet aand measurements will be great, nothing but some more practice for me if anything ya know? loll

Archived