Second Skin Audio

Any Regular cab box Guru's out there?

RyanRosier

So here is what I have in my truck currently. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Audio-Dual-12-Regular-Cab-Universal-Console-Truck-Sub-Box-Speaker-Enclosure-/231839911328?hash=item35fabc4da0:g:tTkAAOSwx-9WuNTW&vxp=mtr Now Everyone that has looked at this says those dimensions are a lie and that the space is actually smaller. I don't know how to do the math to figure that lol. But I am really really wanting to go with 2 12" Fi SSD in this box here that I've designed. I don't know how to find the mounting depth, but someone who can further guide me in the right direction I would appreaciate it. (I am not against changing the design either and porting it, either slot or aero ports.)
K1n1ypT.jpg
9qtWqnH.jpg?1

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

That design comes out to somewhere around 2.25-2.5 cubic feet depending on actual cuts and wood thickness. Assuming its a sealed box. It would be pretty on point after displacement (0.28cft) The mounting depth would be close. You might want to try and squeeze as much out of that top angle as possible.

That design comes out to somewhere around 2.25-2.5 cubic feet depending on actual cuts and wood thickness. Assuming its a sealed box. It would be pretty on point after displacement (0.28cft) The mounting depth would be close. You might want to try and squeeze as much out of that top angle as possible.

My home depot only carries 5/8th but I could order 3/4th or even do a double baffle of either 5/8 or 3/4. What ever would be best.

Yes it is sealed.

What would I change on that top angle exactly..?

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

I just did a that same box for a Chevy o4 single cab... for two 12 fiday subs... they pound... clearance from the magnate was about 1/4 from the back wall

Do you have any pictures? I cant tell any more if I want to 12's or go with like the box Sierra mad and a single 15", I'd prefer to keep my center console though. How difficult was it for ya? How many sheets did you use? and how much different were our measurements?

I'm 6' 2" so leg room is like killer... How much did you loose in the process? I assume you meant Fi Subs, (don't know which model, couldnt find anything called Fiday subs) lol So for box taking room, then surround clearence.. How far up ya think you are? loll

About 8 inches will be your max mounting depth with those measurements

Alot more than I was expecting but not alot in some cases :/

Archived