TortoiseShore Posted February 26, 2016 Report Posted February 26, 2016 Hey, I am confused as hell about these subs. They are both DVC .7, and it doesn't matter if I wire them in series or parallel, I get .35. All coils read at .7 even, but when I wire them together, it get screwy. I've also tried three different kinds and lengths of wire, and get the same results. Any ideas?
Triticum Agricolam Posted February 27, 2016 Report Posted February 27, 2016 If you wire two coils in series, you should get 1.4 ohms. If you aren't, you are doing something wrong. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
TortoiseShore Posted February 27, 2016 Author Report Posted February 27, 2016 Definitely not doing anything wrong.
MotorCityFats13 Posted February 27, 2016 Report Posted February 27, 2016 you when you wire them to get 1.4 you still get .35ohm.... that is messed up dude draw us some pictures or take pics of the wiring for series and parallel so we can see how you are wiring this wrong..... I suspect you are just wiring for .35 2 different ways
poorfish88 Posted February 27, 2016 Report Posted February 27, 2016 Definitely not doing anything wrong. Here we go.
Triticum Agricolam Posted February 27, 2016 Report Posted February 27, 2016 when you say you get .35 ohms no matter what is that all four coils wired together? Or just a pair of coils wired together? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
TortoiseShore Posted February 27, 2016 Author Report Posted February 27, 2016 I thought I put a wink face after that for some added sarcasm, but I guess I didnt. It ended up being a fifth of jack and terrible comprehension, because a friend came over and fixed it in 5 minutes lol
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.