Bigwheelw Posted March 3, 2016 Author Report Posted March 3, 2016 I will be buying the 1522 XFL. I have a soft spot for AB because they are pretty durable and sound good. I have a 4 cu ft labyrinth slot ported box tuned to 30hz i will be putting it in. any comments?
BoomZoom808 Posted March 3, 2016 Report Posted March 3, 2016 Very happy with my XFL's but also really liked the sound of the newer Type-S's too both great subs but the XFL is much more durable 2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS Knu OFC 1/0 SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750 Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5 IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12
Bigwheelw Posted March 3, 2016 Author Report Posted March 3, 2016 I'm still a novice when it comes to car audio compared to a lot of people on this site. I have been messing with it for years but some of the people here live it. How do I properly tune the amp to the speaker? How do you run a dual 2ohm speaker to 4ohm and 1ohm?
Bigwheelw Posted March 3, 2016 Author Report Posted March 3, 2016 Would this amp be a good match for the XFL? American bass VFL18801 class D mono hybrid 1900w max
SkarredSierra Posted March 3, 2016 Report Posted March 3, 2016 Www.the12volt.com has a subwoofer wiring guide that can help you. Also id suggest a rockford prime 1200.1 amp instead of the ab one.
Bigwheelw Posted June 11, 2016 Author Report Posted June 11, 2016 I did end up getting the XFL 1522 and I love it. I had my Sony 500rms amp hooked up for a couple months. I figure that would be good to break it in. I sold that and bought a Execution Audio EA-1000.1 amp from Xplicit Audio (awesome company) so far I'm loving it. I was disappointed at first because it was quieter than my Sony...then I realized that I still had it wired at 4 ohm lmfao. It slams at 1ohm!!!!!!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.