Second Skin Audio

Sealed box sounding bad. need some help.

Amart88

That looks like a good design. Not sure about the port going under the seat though. Don't know why, but it doesn't seem like the best. Could you do port up with the subs. So where that angle is in the front, just flip the port around, and have the port opening at that angle. Then put a grill cover over it or something, unless it doesn't matter as in family or anything like that. not sure if you have kids or not.

That looks like a good design. Not sure about the port going under the seat though. Don't know why, but it doesn't seem like the best. Could you do port up with the subs. So where that angle is in the front, just flip the port around, and have the port opening at that angle. Then put a grill cover over it or something, unless it doesn't matter as in family or anything like that. not sure if you have kids or not.

Yeah, I could put the port firing up. Just always heard to have it firing to the side or back for a longer wave to form. It's not designed yet so I can change it. I don't have kids or anything. Maybe some friends will be the only ones to ever ride in the back.

I may not be the one to listen to on that, I don't know either.

I designed one for my truck too, when I was trying to do 2 10's in the center console subs up and I was told to try and do port back, but I was also ending like 18" in front of the back seat. I did it with bigger subs which pushed the box back up against the back seat, and was told it was not a great idea to port under the seat like that. That it would be better up or to a side if I had to go back that far.

Maybe someone else in here can give better advise.

Like I said, I like the design, a lot. Looks good. Would look really good with some plexi on the sides by the subs. But I like it.

Archived