Nice speakers in my doors

PinkFreud65

Looking at getting a set of components for up front and coaxials in the rear (all in the doors, tweeters in the "triangle" of the door up front)

I'm looking to keep it around or under $300 for both front and back. Car is a 06 Mazda 3i sedan.

I've heard great things about ID's products, but I heard they also need space. I am looking for something that will fit into my doors with little to no modifications, and that will keep up with a single 12 on 1kw.

Thanks in advance

PF

the car spec calls for a 6x8 so there will be no modification if you do 6.5 or 5.25 you will only need an adapter ring... for the tweeter in the shark fin you might have to cut a hole but im not familiar with the car, if there is already a speaker there then this will be an easy replacement upgrade... there are also options for a 5x7/6x8 component sets, it does not take much to keep up with a 1000watt sub stage just a decent 50-70 watt rms set of speakers and a matching amp.... you dont even need the rears but I would keep them unless you plan on going full active

Ok. I'll definitely upgrade the front stage, and until funds provide, leave the factory rear stage. Does that sound alright?

Also, what brand would be a good option? Like I said, ID I've read great things about, but if there is something better in that sub $180 category, I'd love to know! If I don't need to upgrade the rear stage, I'd be down spending under $200 for a good component set.

Thanks!

Work on front stage first. Speakers depend on budget, and needs. Tons of options, start listening to brands and see what you like best, sound wise.

Archived