Jake Miles Mckeehan Posted March 13, 2016 Report Posted March 13, 2016 Hello, im kind of a cheap ass when it comes to a lot of things and haven't been very good at finding brands that are very good if anyone could help me with finding some good 1/0 gauge wire and some good speaker wire that isn't shitty that would be great. i haven't been very good at spending money on a lot of things, but i wanted to get some actual good shit for once. thanks for your help.
Jake Miles Mckeehan Posted March 13, 2016 Author Report Posted March 13, 2016 I should probably tell you what i have: HU: kenwood x389 or something speakers:pps4-8 with pp4-t 4 channel-wcc 1600.4 mono:hifonics....it was a gift subs:4 sd12d2. cheap amp kit rcas and shitty speaker wire. if you havent seen what im trying to do, im trying to wall off my truck, and well i want everything to be running well. thats why im asking yall
reedal Posted March 13, 2016 Report Posted March 13, 2016 SHCA, Knu Konceptz, Showtime Electronics has wire, kicker, Rockford fosgate. Just a few that I can think of right now. Stay away from copper clad aluminum (CCA), or nameless wire from eBay and Amazon that you can't do research on. Kickers OFC silver tinned wire is probably the best on the market as far as corrosion resistance goes. And it's up there in price. A 50ft spool is $500 from sonic. I like SHCA and Knu OFC, as I have both of those in my Tahoe currently. You can use solder to tin the exposed ends after cutting the jacket off. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Jake Miles Mckeehan Posted March 13, 2016 Author Report Posted March 13, 2016 SHCA, Knu Konceptz, Showtime Electronics has wire, kicker, Rockford fosgate. Just a few that I can think of right now. Stay away from copper clad aluminum (CCA), or nameless wire from eBay and Amazon that you can't do research on. Kickers OFC silver tinned wire is probably the best on the market as far as corrosion resistance goes. And it's up there in price. A 50ft spool is $500 from sonic. I like SHCA and Knu OFC, as I have both of those in my Tahoe currently. You can use solder to tin the exposed ends after cutting the jacket off. thank you so much. i shall look into that.
reedal Posted March 13, 2016 Report Posted March 13, 2016 SHCA, Knu Konceptz, Showtime Electronics has wire, kicker, Rockford fosgate. Just a few that I can think of right now. Stay away from copper clad aluminum (CCA), or nameless wire from eBay and Amazon that you can't do research on. Kickers OFC silver tinned wire is probably the best on the market as far as corrosion resistance goes. And it's up there in price. A 50ft spool is $500 from sonic. I like SHCA and Knu OFC, as I have both of those in my Tahoe currently. You can use solder to tin the exposed ends after cutting the jacket off. thank you so much. i shall look into that. You're welcome. Just try not to cheap out on your wiring and alternators/batteries. Quality costs money, and there are somethings you should definitely want to make sure are a quality product. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Jake Miles Mckeehan Posted March 13, 2016 Author Report Posted March 13, 2016 SHCA, Knu Konceptz, Showtime Electronics has wire, kicker, Rockford fosgate. Just a few that I can think of right now. Stay away from copper clad aluminum (CCA), or nameless wire from eBay and Amazon that you can't do research on. Kickers OFC silver tinned wire is probably the best on the market as far as corrosion resistance goes. And it's up there in price. A 50ft spool is $500 from sonic. I like SHCA and Knu OFC, as I have both of those in my Tahoe currently. You can use solder to tin the exposed ends after cutting the jacket off. thank you so much. i shall look into that. You're welcome. Just try not to cheap out on your wiring and alternators/batteries. Quality costs money, and there are somethings you should definitely want to make sure are a quality product. i know, ive just never had much of a full on crazy system and well cheap worked just fine, when it comes to my electrical on this ive already done the big three and got me a fancy HOalt, but thats it. that kinda was an expensive bitch.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.