Jamesv Posted March 13, 2016 Report Posted March 13, 2016 Like it says...got 2 sundown e-10s, in 2.5 cubes with a 3" aero port. It is 5 inches long, which will be right about 32 hertz, and 35in of port. Sundown's site says 16in per sub. Haven't finished install, but finished enclosure, but didn't know if I should go for 2-2" ports about 5" long each instead? Thanks for the help guys! Going for aero ports for efficiency.
Joe X Posted March 13, 2016 Report Posted March 13, 2016 You would need 3 3" ports to run those two subs, unfortunately placing them now would reduce your internal volume.
Triticum Agricolam Posted March 13, 2016 Report Posted March 13, 2016 How much power are you putting to these? You are calculating port area wrong, its a two dimensional measurement, length of port is irrelevant when calculating port area. A 3" port has just over 7" sq in of port area, so you are way, WAY undersized with a single 3" port. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Jamesv Posted March 13, 2016 Author Report Posted March 13, 2016 I have a rockford fosgate p500x1bd mono block with a birth sheet of 800 watts. at 1 ohm.
Jamesv Posted March 13, 2016 Author Report Posted March 13, 2016 So if using 3-3" ports it says I need 20" port length to get to 32 hertz. Is that 20" each, or total? Good thing I asked, I always thought calculating ports was 3D not 2D when trying to match it to the recommended port area.
Triticum Agricolam Posted March 13, 2016 Report Posted March 13, 2016 They would need to be 20" long each. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Jamesv Posted March 13, 2016 Author Report Posted March 13, 2016 I don't have that kind of room. So slot port it is, with a fiberglass bottom that is contoured, and a 20* degree slant back piece. Should be fun. Thanks for the knowledge and help guys!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.