Second Skin Audio

Help

I am looking for help to build a sturdy ported box for my soundqubed hds315. It's currently in a ported box that's roughly 3.5 cubes. It's an old box that a friend had laying around to use until I get one built. I'm looking for it to be tuned around 32-36hz. I also want it to be close to the max size soundqubed recommends for that sub which is 6 cube. I don't have all the fancy tools but I do have a router jig saw circular saw clamps pretty much the basics to build a box. The trunk of my car has a huge opening so I can most likely fit any box made for that sub as long as it's not obnoxiously tall or wide. Help would be appreciated.

What's the max dimensions that will fit in your trunk? What amp are you using?

6 cubes is pretty huge for that sub. You could have excursion issues with a box that big, though it depends on how much power you are going to run, FYI.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

dementions of the trunk are 15 tall by 32 wide and 36 deep. I'm running a soundqubed hds315 and it hooked up to an audiopipe apcl1500.1 it's ran by a 220amp alt with 0gauge OFC and everything under the hood is 0gauge all the way back to the amp. The box doesn't have to be quite as big as the max recommended. Just want a bigger stronger box and more spl.

So here is a suggestion, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 61/4", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

hds315.jpg

PFSFDBalt_zps005133af.jpg

Archived