Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Wiring DVC sub in series question


cbelott

Recommended Posts

Posted

This is a pretty noov question, but just want to make sure I do this correctly. I know in series I run a bridge wire from positive 1 to negative 2. Then run negative 1 and positive 2 to amp. My question is about the bridge wire. Do I use positive or negative speaker wire or do I twist them together for it?

Posted

That would be correct. I would make a jumper by twisting the positive and negative together to make one big wire.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Posted

I just use the same size speaker wire as my neg and pos run. Neg or pos wire is the exact same wire. No need to twist them together to make one bigger wire.

reaper.png
Posted

Sure peel the wire apart and now you have one for each sub.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Posted

depending on number of subs and amp being used I always run the 2 coils directly to the amp on a single sub DVC setup this way all the power does not run through a single speaker wire.... I also only use 12awg cable if you use 8awg then it really does not matter... when mono block amps have speaker blocks that are already broken down into 2+ and 2- why not take advantage of it and divide the power accordingly

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3078 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...