J@meson Posted March 28, 2016 Report Posted March 28, 2016 Hey guys, so I recently installed an enclosure under the rear seat of my 05 Silverado with 2 Kicker L7 10's I've had for years and I'm pushing them with a Kicker 1200x1. Problem is the bass sounds really weak and punchy as opposed to in the past with these subs, granted they were always in a trunk instead of behind me forward facing. Now my question is would I benefit from porting the box? The enclosure is 1.4cu/ft per side, the L7's call for .66-1.00 sealed or 1.25-2.25 ported. So technically I am oversized for sealed. Thanks in advance
ShadeTreeMechanic Posted March 28, 2016 Report Posted March 28, 2016 A port will boost output as much as 5db. If you could add a port without taking up too much box volume it would work. If you have room on the side you could build a slot port addition. Is the box divided or common chamber? 91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco) 250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon) G65 AGM Up Front / Two G31 AGM in Back Pioneer 80PRS CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon) Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)
MotorCityFats13 Posted March 28, 2016 Report Posted March 28, 2016 you would have to do an external port because any added port is going to eat up .3cuft..... in my experience kicker subs love very huge enclosures
J@meson Posted March 29, 2016 Author Report Posted March 29, 2016 I was leaning towards an external option, it's just odd how muffled forward firing sound, the subs are moving well but the sound output leaves less to be desired. I even debated making a new enclosure with 1 10 and porting it. The size to output of the system just sucks ass.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.