Second Skin Audio

I have a hummer h3 with a JL stealth box unloaded which sub to buy??

sinful7

It would for sure be louder than that basslink, those things suck.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

now the issue is, will this stealth box with either sub, be louder than one of those infinity basslinks in the back on my H3?

due to pure power alone it should be but never know.. I run a basslink currently which is why I ask. it be nice to make everything hidden and hopefully improve on the low end :)

If the basslink is a toyota camry, the SD-3 is a Shelby Super Snake. The sensitivity on the Sundown is WAY higher. Your low end will crush, a friend of mine has an SD-2 12" sealed in his daily, it's more than enough.

Don't trust a shop but you personally just smoked two decks, makes sense.

03' Trailblazer LT
Dayton Designer 6.5"s & Silkie tweeters
Dayton Audio Ultimax 18"
Pioneer 9601 & 8604
XS Power D3400
2 runs 1/0
Singer 250

nice examples guys!! if the magnet will aloow it to fit in the box ill go with it. otherwise i think I am stuck with a jl 10w1v3 2 ohm that comes in these boxes vs that new alpine swt-10s2 which I know nothing about either.. hope it dont come down to those two.. just in case it does which do you guys pick?

I am just awaiting response from sundown to confirm magnet diameter btw.. cause if it fits its sold. :)

sad news. the sundown magnet is over 7.5" wide which means it will hit. so even if i use a 3/4" spacer the curve of the box makes it hit still due to the width of the magnet. it will clear if i go 1.25" spacer but at that point im nearly hitting the plastic panel that this will be sitting in. so in general the sub will hit the plastic once it plays anything..

this bites cause this sub looks awesome.. :( sorry guys

now im back to the jl 10w1 vs alpine 10" swt. which one is the better sub?? I have no clue?? I will try and see if I can maybe cut my plastic trim and build a grill over it so it still looks good and oem like, and I can then use the sundown. but no promises as im trying to keep the OEM look..

Archived