Second Skin Audio

I have a hummer h3 with a JL stealth box unloaded which sub to buy??

sinful7

Ok being said I have a 2008 Hummer H3, and I picked up a stealth box off ebay that someone took the sub out of so basically I have an unloaded stealth box..

My guess its around .55-.6 cubes sealed and for a 10" sub yes not very much but i have some poly fill to help some.. the sub that comes with this box are the JL audio 10w1 series.. and is only 1 sub.

Now I could easily just buy one of those and have at it, but being I dont have a sub does anyone have any thoughts on this like changing to a different sub? I think the magnet is an issue with this box as its kinda strange inside since its fiberglass.. so the sub would need to match the w1 dimensions prob pretty close..

Its easiest to use one of those, but 350w max is meh.. I would love a sub thats better and can handle my alpine m500 at 2 ohm pushing 500w rms rather than the 300w rms that these jl w1 10" subs can handle.. might as well get the most I can right?

so anyone have any thoughts on subs that compare to the w1 size can work in small sealed but is actually a much better sub than the w1 JL?? I know there has to be some..

What's the mounting depth you have to work with?

Without knowing the available depth I'd say the sundown sd-3 10" would work well in that space.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

the depth is roughly 5" maybe a hair more but its the magnet diameter thats the real issue. i can look on JL specs page and see what the w1 is?

the w1 is 4.6" deep, and the magnet diameter is 4.92". now I can go a hair deeper as said prob 5" but maybe not much more than that without using a trim ring to raise the sub from the box some? reg

regardless im stuck with the .55-.6 cubes sealed

What's the mounting depth you have to work with?

Without knowing the available depth I'd say the sundown sd-3 10" would work well in that space.

SD-3 ftw.

And yes I currently have a SD-2 in use.

thank you, I will look at it, any other suggestions out there besides the w1 and the sundown? just want to find a few more just for insurance reasons ya know :) plus someone may look for this and need advice like I am in the future? :)

ok found the specs and it looks perfect.. only hiccup is i dont know the witdth of the magnet and that may pose a problem.. sadly the site doesnt say the magnet diameter. maybe ill email them and ask and hopefully this will work.. cause it looks like a beast and just what im looking for.

Worst you'd need to do is make an mdf spacer to push the sub out a little more so it fits.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

thats my thoughts also buddy. I appreciate your help a ton.. ive heard the SA line so i imagine this line sounds just as good.

now the issue is, will this stealth box with either sub, be louder than one of those infinity basslinks in the back on my H3?

due to pure power alone it should be but never know.. I run a basslink currently which is why I ask. it be nice to make everything hidden and hopefully improve on the low end :)

Archived