Sonic Electronix

Does anybody own/has worked on a 2006 Lincoln Zephyr?

Might get some more help by changing the title to Lincoln Zephyr/Ford Fusion/Lincoln MKZ/Mercury Milan.

same cars. different badges. Ninja has like an 07 fusion, it's pretty nasty.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

I was kinda aware of the whole basically the same thing mechanics wise, but the audio (THX Certified Sound II or something of the nature) along with the headunit is absolute DICKS in the Zephyr (I think it is kinda bad in some of the other years or models you listed too, but I think Zephyr is near the worst)

Like, without completely tearing the car apart, I can't find what actual speakers are in it, what they're rated for, etc. I think the amp is in the drivers side door.

Mainly wanting to know if when I get an 80 PRS how I need to set it all up considering I don't really know what's being ran (the current stock unit apparently has some factory DSP that there is absolutely nothing about online, I've really searched the depths)

along with what to do with the factory subs when I put in my own (6.5/6x9's in the rear deck stock I believe) as the current headunit has a plug for the tweeters, mids etc and a different odd plug for the subs. Would I want to completely leave them out or splice with my new (since it's more just like crazy midbass, not deep sub stuff)

Also - there is "speed settings" on the stock unit - I can't tell what the hell they do except that 0-7, 7 is slightly more audibly loud.

Then there's the bass hits a whole lot harder when at half volume, but barely noticeable when at full volume though mids and highs are much more pronounced. It's weird as fuck, like the pot is logarithmic but it just doesn't seem to make sense. Could it possibly be a power issue?

I have the wire to do the big 3 and I've also been contemplating an 370A alt - but it's just a lot of money for a car I don't really love. I need my bass fix, sorry for the jumbled as shit reply.

Archived