Sonic Electronix

Need help with setting gains and rca voltage

So I just bought a double din headunit form Amazon, its Chinese Pumpkin brand it offers a lot of things but the problem is that the rca voltage is less than 1 volt and when I try to set the gain with the dd1 it does not even detect the 40hz track. So i decided to try the voltage with a DMM and the highest I could get with the gain all the way up was 32VAC no distortion for, i Need 1000 rms at 2 ohms at 44VAC, but today I saw my amp going in and out of protect mode, and I know having the gain all the way up is not good for the amp.

What can I do to achieve my maximum power, my idea was buying a rca voltage booster which I found online that is called a line driver signal booster, will this work help increase my voltage and decrease the gain so it does not go into protect or do I use the bass boost. Again the rca voltage at max volume no distortion is less than 1VAC

Here is the product I am thinking will help.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_27392_PAC-LD-10.html

Let me know what you guys suggest. Thank you

good to hear, I want to know that I am on the right track. As far as I done some research bass boost should never be used, but what about in this case because the voltage is so low. What does the bass boost actually do because last time I just turned it up to see if the voltage increased and it did.

I would just but an actual headunit. Someday you are going to buy/own a better hu, and you'll think to yourself "man that Chinese thing was total junk". Just get that out of the way now and not a year or two down the road. You'll have a LOT less headaches.

Most amplifiers have a "bass boost" function or more likely a bass remote. I've found most of them just boost frequencies around a set frequency. I think 45hz is most common. This shouldn't be considered as raising or lowering the gain. It is a boost of a certain frequency range. But because subwoofers don't have a large frequency range it is very noticeable when you boost that range of frequencies. I'm not. A huge fan. My JL HD amp claims that their remote is closer to volume control than just an EQ boost, and I find I much prefer it to the normal bass remote or EQ boost. Also I think it is nice to not be able to turn the boost up but it does call for it sometimes. My $.02

Most amplifiers have a "bass boost" function or more likely a bass remote. I've found most of them just boost frequencies around a set frequency. I think 45hz is most common. This shouldn't be considered as raising or lowering the gain. It is a boost of a certain frequency range. But because subwoofers don't have a large frequency range it is very noticeable when you boost that range of frequencies. I'm not. A huge fan. My JL HD amp claims that their remote is closer to volume control than just an EQ boost, and I find I much prefer it to the normal bass remote or EQ boost. Also I think it is nice to not be able to turn the boost up but it does call for it sometimes. My $.02

I have a kenwood exceleon x399 i paid like $140 the exceleon series are known to be good, it has 3 preouts (front, rear and sub) all 4 volt signal... I wouldnt cheap out on an HU. if ur HU is sending distorted signal then ur amp and speakers are playing it too.... Stay away from bass boost and all that junk my .02 cents....

True a decent double din could be had for around $200-250. Find sales. If you don't need a double din than half that. I find the low range double dins tend to be just a waste of space. Not enough functions or features to make it worth it. They look way better though, at least better than the $100-200 single dins I think. All depends on your budget and taste

Archived