Jump to content

1994 Full-size Chevy Blazer "Budget build"


Recommended Posts

Posted

Very nice tool!

Posted

So I finally got the box assembled. Man, this thing weighs a ton!! Managed to put it on a dolly so I can move it around. Next up will be to figure out tuning. I left a 10" opening that will be facing the rear. This way I can make several ports to bolt into place with different tuning. Either for music or competition. Probably end up tuning a little higher since I'm gonna be blaring all kinds of metal! Maybe make one for hair tricking if it's possible.

IMG_20160508_133815161_zpsrijrimau.jpgIMG_20160508_133811065_zpsjvosiqhh.jpg

IMG_20160508_133805517_zpsr1blc5d3.jpg

IMG_20160508_123100632_zpse3xpvb0f.jpg

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

Thank heavens for weekends. Started making the battery rack. It will house 4 XS Power D-3400's. Each will supply power to one Soundstream Rubicon RUB-1.2500D's. Each battery pair will flank the 10"x10" port. I'm still not quite sure how I want to cover it. I'm leaning towards vinyl as it will be easier to keep clean. I will make the top for it probably this weekend. Haven't made it yet as I am still trying to figure out the scheme of things. One idea is to make a housing for my bass amps to sit on top. I'm in the process of making molds that will sit on either side of the rear tire wells. If I can arrange them properly, I may have room to house all 7 amps and my processors.

IMG_20160521_161934933_zpszruiheem.jpg

IMG_20160521_161942144_zpsk140e4mo.jpg

IMG_20160521_141118490_zpstkssr5we.jpg

IMG_20160521_141109874_zps0vy8scmw.jpg

Posted

So I've started the molds for the rear tire wells. Everything is taped and ready. So far I've only fiberglassed one side, which took about 2 and a half hours. Needed to take breaks as the fumes were getting to be too much, even with a respirator on!! I have the truck baking in the sun, to allow the resin to dry faster. I have another day off tomorrow so I'll get the other side done. Then I can start to figure out amp and speaker placement. I thought about either putting them in speaker pods on either side of the seats or in the pillars in the back. Decisions, decisions..

IMG_20160525_111741876_HDR_zpsda8ya5qd.j

IMG_20160525_111736981_HDR_zpszqg8h3pa.j

IMG_20160525_111732430_zpsbtxzm5of.jpg

Posted

WOW!!! that battery is tight, must have built that thing literally around the battery already sitting there......(AS do I for mine, lol)

looks killer with battery in there like that

I dont envy the time you have just into putting the tape on, LOL (last pic.)

EDIT: calls it budget build, is running 7 amps, a processor, at least 4 XS power batts. etc. etc. LOL

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1295 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...