Second Skin Audio

Help with box for dc lvl 5 with psi soft parts 18" sub

solar0987

box_zpsqxyjstsm.png Are these calculators accurate for building boxes? http://reaudio.com/box.php

This look right? Its going in the back of a saturn astra 4 door hatchback. clean power 3500 watts atm clean power 1500 watts its gonna laugh...

Sub will be here next week and want to get box built.

tuned to 30hz 5.5 cubes. If this is right, its perfect, if not well then... also if i put corner braces how much will it take internal airspace down?

No. He means the subwoofers T/S parameters. Those are needed in order to properly design an optimal enclosure for any woofer. And you can't input those parameters into that RE calculator. Therefore, the RE calculator isn't worth anything

No. He means the subwoofers T/S parameters. Those are needed in order to properly design an optimal enclosure for any woofer. And you can't input those parameters into that RE calculator. Therefore, the RE calculator isn't worth anything

Well with talking to dc and psi, they said 5.5 cubes at 30hz is a great start anything bigger and it doesnt sound as good. they said 30hz would be fine also. there are otehr calculators on the web ill try a diff one then. I just need cut sheet for box really so I can build it. I have tried asking for help here and no one answered. I just want a basic boz ported to 30hz at 5.5 cubes top facing sub top facing port. dimensions can be 36x21x21 at most. And them parameters are not on there site. Know where i could find them?

Well with talking to dc and psi, they said 5.5 cubes at 30hz is a great start anything bigger and it doesnt sound as good. they said 30hz would be fine also. there are otehr calculators on the web ill try a diff one then. I just need cut sheet for box really so I can build it. I have tried asking for help here and no one answered. I just want a basic boz ported to 30hz at 5.5 cubes top facing sub top facing port. dimensions can be 36x21x21 at most. And them parameters are not on there site. Know where i could find them?

Since what you have is kind of a FrankenSub, you aren't going to find the T/S parameters anyway, they would have to be measured from the sub.

I think your idea of just putting it in a 5.5 cube box tuned to 30 Hz is reasonable. Have you tried using something like Torres to come up with a box plan?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

You can use what the RE audio calc gave you, but without a modeling software with that subwoofers T/S parameters plugged in, you won't have any way to know if that will provide the output or bandwidth that you desire.

Bump up your enclosure help thread, and hopefully one of the more enclosure knowledgeable members will be able to help you out if/when they see it.

Edit: start reply, walk away, come back and finish reply, trit already joined the topic ten minutes before I posted the reply.. OP, you're in good hands with triticum, I'd listen to what he suggests :good:

Since what you have is kind of a FrankenSub, you aren't going to find the T/S parameters anyway, they would have to be measured from the sub.

I think your idea of just putting it in a 5.5 cube box tuned to 30 Hz is reasonable. Have you tried using something like Torres to come up with a box plan?

No im new to this kinda. Always used alpine kicker ect.. Also new to the box building, always bought prefabs. Torres is really close to the re one. Also its probably worth noting i eventually will recone the woofer back to the dc lvl 5. so the box can be just for that alone.

box%204_zps2zhxcvns.png

Archived