DC Sound Lab

8ga direct connect is just that. Direct connect instead of push terminals

AR cone is a Kevlar cone with a wider surround

Spider upgrade: "Stiffer suspension helps with reaching the mechanical limit, but of course there are trade offs. A big one - a higher Fs. Extra spiders when spaced or stacked enough will also help with coil rock. Bottom line - just adding spiders is just like any other "solution". It is not always the best idea, but it can help in many situations. Depends on what you are trying to achieve".

XL softies upgrades coil and spiders to XL sub parts.

Spider upgrade: "Stiffer suspension helps with reaching the mechanical limit, but of course there are trade offs. A big one - a higher Fs. Extra spiders when spaced or stacked enough will also help with coil rock. Bottom line - just adding spiders is just like any other "solution". It is not always the best idea, but it can help in many situations. Depends on what you are trying to achieve".

Planning on running 1ohm or .05ohm with the dual one ohm on one 18

I just don't know what spider upgrade that I should get still somewhat of a beginner when it comes to this stuff lol

Edited by GS300Cali93

That will be a factor that plays into effect of what spider you should choose. If you plan on giving the sub rated power, and don't play music below tuning to the point of unloading, then the regular spider will be fine. If you plan on giving the sub more than rated power, then you'll want a stiffer spider to help control the subs movement, and make it harder to reach the mechanical limitations of the sub.

Hopefully, someone with experience using the different spider configurations of the DC Audio subwoofers will chime in and be able to help you choose.

I just don't know what spider upgrade that I should get still somewhat of a beginner when it comes to this stuff lol

If your a beginner dont run at .5

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

If your a beginner dont run at .5

Ok should I run 1ohm or just 2ohm

And do you know about spider stuff if I just run with 2ohm which application should I choose and with 1ohm with application would be best?