Second Skin Audio

who has ran a soundqubed hdc3 15 tuned high 35hz+ and in a small box 4.0 cube and less?

HDC3 15"s and a crescendo 3500, I had wired to half ohm. It was deadly at and around the tuning, but say I play some decaf and it was (27andup) I would hear metal slapping noises. When it was (36andup) it was loud as shit. I played MGK the baddest (25andup) and fucked one of the subs up.

weird must had been over excursioning them I would think the smaller box would had prevented that tho

he saying, your sub is playing in the port and not the box. it would've been better if the sub hole was up top

huh. very weird, I've seen several other boxes built this way tho is it just not a optimal set up or is it completely fucked up, I mean it slaps like hell but maybe it explains the sloppy hits on rock music?

HDC3 15"s and a crescendo 3500, I had wired to half ohm. It was deadly at and around the tuning, but say I play some decaf and it was (27andup) I would hear metal slapping noises. When it was (36andup) it was loud as shit. I played MGK the baddest (25andup) and fucked one of the subs up.

weird must had been over excursioning them I would think the smaller box would had prevented that tho

I was probably putting 4300 watts into them too way overpowering them and I'm not a pro on boxes either, all my boxes that looked like that was sub up port back.

Archived