Second Skin Audio

Qts and qms

Alright so i downloaded win isd pro, read some tutorials on using the software, entereded some sub specs in and it calculates right of the bat gives you a curve and box figures for as flat as response as possible. But those box specs are wack af. Im working with a dd 3510, and it gives a vented box with .6* cuft volume and a port like 50 inches long, and when i adjust the box to about 1.50 cubes and adjust the port, the peak is way off the graph that it gives. Is this just dealing with this sub or what is yalls experience?

Post what you have for sub specs and I'll take a look at it in WinISD.

I'm going to bet that sub has a pretty stiff suspension. Subs with stiff suspensions tend to have peaky output in "normal" size boxes. It is what it is.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Yeah, with a Vas of 7.4 liters that sub has a ridiculously tight suspension. There is pretty much no way you aren't going to have peaky output with that thing. Putting it in a smaller box will help, but at the cost of output, and it will make getting enough port area and a low tuning difficult.

How much power you are going to put to it?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

OK, yeah so you are going to need a fair amount of port area. This is not going to be an easy box to lay out.

Builds:

Are the T/S for that box before or after break in?

If it's before break in, you might want to try and find specs after break in else the sound is gonna change over time, and likely not for the best.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Archived