Sundown Audio

HELP QUICK PLZ JL JX1000/1D

infamous23

I vote for an upgrade to 1/0. Increased surface area for less resistance and voltage drop.

when you DD-1 your head unit, don't waste time checking for 1khz on the subwoofer RCAs because you won't be sending higher than maybe 250hz to the subs depending on where you cross over at. Same thing with the mids and highs RCAs. You're not going to play 40hz through them, so don't waste your time. Mids/highs = 1khz, subs = 40hz. Then take the lowest max clean volume level and use that to set your amplifier gains, and you're all good to go, just don't turn your head unit up past that point.

Okay I did the RCA way and it was SUPER easier. only problem I had is the subwoofer RCA'a were not putting out any signal at all with the subwoofer volume at zero. no signal. only way i could get the dd1 to recognize the subs RCA's was to turn the subwoofer up 15/15. Once i did that all 3 RCA preouts gave me the same readings as I got off the kicker dx amp gave me above. at 40hz all 3 RCA's would distort at 30/35 and no distortion at 29/35. at 1khz all 3 RCA's would distort 29/35 and no distortion at 28/35.

Is that right that i had to turn the subs preouts to 15/15 volume? thought everything had to be at zero. heres a link from this forum of another guy having the same problem and it was also on an ALPINE HU. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/132484-smd-dd-1-no-signal-help/ . can you tell me if this is right??

https://www.talkstuff.net/ipb/index.php/topic/364445-setting-up-with-the-smd-dd-1-alpine-9886r-spl-dynamics-3500d/

Yes, on alpine units, the sub level has to be max, I forgot to mention that earlier. You did it correct. Volume 28 is your maximum clean volume, and if you haven't already, go ahead and set your amplifier gains. As I said earlier, I recommend going no higher than 1khz -5dB for the mids and highs, and 40hz -10dB on the sub amp (assuming those amps don't output more than speakers RMS). but for mids and highs, I'd start of with the -0dB tone, and if that max clean setting on that overlap isn't enough for your taste, then move up to the next 1khz track. Pleeeeeaaaase make sure you don't leave the speakers connected while doing this, as you can damage the speakers playing tones full tilt and dipping into distortion to find your max clean.

I don't think there's any problem running a distribution block on the ground as long as the ground is good and solid. I'm trying it that way first myself. I'm adding so many thru the body bolts tho that I'll have multiple spots to ground to if I need to switch. I'd prefer using the blocks because I want a simple disconnect of my power and ground on my amp rack if I need to pull it out, my power and grounds stay connected and I just unhook the blocks.

Archived