robertdbardos Posted May 16, 2016 Report Posted May 16, 2016 I am looking for a 4th Order Bandpass box design and cut sheet for 2 SA-12s I have a small vehicle but hopefully I can get it to fit
Triticum Agricolam Posted May 16, 2016 Report Posted May 16, 2016 What vehicle is it for? What amp are you running? If performance is your primary goal, there is almost no reason to run a 4th order bandpass box. If you need to push all the output through a port (blow through, firewalled trunk, etc) then a bandpass box may be the right thing to do. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
robertdbardos Posted May 17, 2016 Author Report Posted May 17, 2016 OK so it's for a Ford focus zx3 lol I am running a ct1400.1 Primary focus deep loud bass my box is around 3 cubic feet right now undersized vented generic nothing special it's also breaking apart. I was looking at the types of boxes and it apealed to me with the range of bass considering I listen to various kinds of music.
Triticum Agricolam Posted May 17, 2016 Report Posted May 17, 2016 Your best bet would be to just build a better ported box. Everything is a trade off in car audio, there are no free lunches. While 4th order bandpass boxes CAN have wide bandwidth, you will have to sacrifice output capability to get it. When it comes to getting the most output out of the space you have available, its really hard to beat a ported box. What are the specs of your current box (port area, tuning, etc). There is probably a lot you can gain but just using a better designed ported box. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Joe X Posted May 17, 2016 Report Posted May 17, 2016 Post maximum dimensions for a box, good chance it won't even fit if the vehicle is small.
robertdbardos Posted May 17, 2016 Author Report Posted May 17, 2016 Honestly on my box I have now I have no idea someone had it for sale for 20 bucks lol untill I found a better one. My dimensions are 39 wide 21 height 24 deep
Triticum Agricolam Posted May 17, 2016 Report Posted May 17, 2016 Yeah, you are probably getting $20 performance out of your $20 box. You have plenty of room for a proper ported box for those subs, I bet it will make a world of difference. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
robertdbardos Posted May 17, 2016 Author Report Posted May 17, 2016 I don't doubt that at all I'll probably just go with JoeX design he did for a pair of SA he did for someone else... Unless he has any new creative ideas lol
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.