Ratski Posted May 20, 2016 Report Posted May 20, 2016 So I'm having a custom box made for my pickup. I have 2-10" FI ssd subs and an sq3500.1 to run them. Now the builder said he can get about 1 cube per chamber which is almost ideal from FI specs for a ported box. But my subs are high QTS because I didn't think I could get that much air space when I ordered my subs Now also if I stay with a sealed box what would be better? Going .55 as fi spec or larger? Thanks for your help in advance
BoomZoom808 Posted May 20, 2016 Report Posted May 20, 2016 You should be fine ported. The subs might tend to ring a little more on the higher notes. Nothing that can't be tamed with port tuning and x-over points 2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS Knu OFC 1/0 SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750 Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5 IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12
Quiet Posted May 20, 2016 Report Posted May 20, 2016 You should be fine. Will get a bit lower f3 and nice bottom end. Certainly doable. 2007 Pacifica Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.
Quiet Posted May 20, 2016 Report Posted May 20, 2016 I was modeling it in WinISD a few days ago... I think you'd get better control tuning lower, maybe 29-31. Will definitely have better low end extension. I have a hi q ssd 10, it's in .6 sealed but thinking it would be better ported or 4th'd. Thinking now about ported. 2007 Pacifica Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.
Ratski Posted May 20, 2016 Author Report Posted May 20, 2016 Also this is for my daily. I listen to a wide variety of music and love my lows but do t want it to fall of on the high side of the hz. Does a bigger sealed box make the subs get lower for being sealed or limit them. I.E. A .55 or 1 cube sealed box what would sound better?
Ratski Posted May 20, 2016 Author Report Posted May 20, 2016 Ok awesome you posted this as I was typing my question
Quiet Posted May 20, 2016 Report Posted May 20, 2016 Also this is for my daily. I listen to a wide variety of music and love my lows but do t want it to fall of on the high side of the hz. Does a bigger sealed box make the subs get lower for being sealed or limit them. I.E. A .55 or 1 cube sealed box what would sound better? Yeah, bigger sealed will play flatter, but also you will lose some cone control, usually not that big a deal and probably won't notice. With 1 cube ported 30-31 will be nice. Ported will get you a nice bump in output, I wasn't thrilled with the output of this sub in sealed, but very controlled and tight. Should be a winner ported. 2007 Pacifica Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.
Ratski Posted May 20, 2016 Author Report Posted May 20, 2016 Also this is for my daily. I listen to a wide variety of music and love my lows but do t want it to fall of on the high side of the hz. Does a bigger sealed box make the subs get lower for being sealed or limit them. I.E. A .55 or 1 cube sealed box what would sound better? Yeah, bigger sealed will play flatter, but also you will lose some cone control, usually not that big a deal and probably won't notice. With 1 cube ported 30-31 will be nice. Ported will get you a nice bump in output, I wasn't thrilled with the output of this sub in sealed, but very controlled and tight. Should be a winner ported.In the sealed box did they hit hard but fall off on the low end? Would it be more of a sq setup?
Quiet Posted May 20, 2016 Report Posted May 20, 2016 Very tight. Lows existed all the way down to the low 20s, controlled but weaker the lower it played. Didn't really fall off, but smooth roll off. I can imagine this thing taking off in a vented box. Don't think it would be sloppy at all. 2007 Pacifica Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.