Second Skin Audio

dual SA10 build

JerryLZ

10fyver.jpg51yhyc.jpg

Vehicle: F150 crew cab (No drivetrain hump)

Most people just use 8s but I'm trying to fit 10s for my underseat build. It looks like I can do this with SA-10s granted I'll need to do a seat lift but thats no big deal.

1st Pic: Theres a infamous V shape in the late model f150s rear seats. This shows the measurements to accomplish that so the box fits flush against the seat bottom. This was a design I found for a downfire box but I plan to do forward firing so pay no attention to that dotted line. Note: Pay no attention to that length measurement, it was for a single sub box. Real length is 52"

2nd Pic: This is a more simplified version it seems but mainly showcasing this to show the 52" length I have to work with.

What I'm trying to accomplish: 1 10 on each side behind the driver/front passenger seat with a center firing port. The subs have no choice but to be forward firing since they are sundowns and not shallow mounts. Unless I overlooked something then I COULD do a build for sa8/x8 but I really would like to do SA10s. I currently have a 1000w amp I would be powering these on when I purchase them but I plan to end up with SCV2000D for the end result.

Really looking for help on a cut sheet and making sure box area is right for the subs. I'm still a novice at this, Only have 1 box build under my belt and that was a easy trunk box.

Hope I provided enough info, appreciate all the help.

SA-10

Ported

1.0-1.25 ft^3 @ 35hz

Displacement

0.10 ft^3

Depth

6"

Outside Diameter

10 1/2"

Cut-Out

9 1/4"

D925C268-FE43-43C4-A9DA-EF82A4EB7317_zps I tried to do ported not possible for proper port size so instead added another 10 , shit slams in a sealed box . Got to raise the rear seats about 2inches not a big deal though, unless u can make a box with all the port on the outside it is just not possible for right port length it's like 1 6inch port 42 inch long for 2 tens , sorry I can't help u with that , maybe someone else has a better port idea but sealed turned out ok, my visors wiggle about 2-3 inches . Sorry for my dirty ass box picture it's cleaned up now. 14 length is pretty long will be sticking out about 2-3inches my last box was 13 and stuck out alittle and I didn't like that.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

image_zpso7wrflpn.jpeg IMG_1235_zps4zl3jfy0.jpg image_zpsgxyfxliu.jpeg. Here is a couple more pics of my box and build size is 11 high in frt tappers to 8.25 length is 52 and depth 11.5

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

D925C268-FE43-43C4-A9DA-EF82A4EB7317_zps I tried to do sealed not possible for proper port size so instead added another 10 , shit slams in a sealed box . Got to raise the rear seats about 2inches not a big deal though, unless u can make a box with all the port on the outside it is just not possible for right port length it's like 1 6inch port 42 inch long for 2 tens , sorry I can't help u with that , maybe someone else has a better port idea but sealed turned out ok, my visors wiggle about 2-3 inches . Sorry for my dirty ass box picture it's cleaned up now. 14 length is pretty long will be sticking out about 2-3inches my last box was 13 and stuck out alittle and I didn't like that.

Appreciate the input, its nice to know that somebody else has already accomplished this. What size amp do you having pushing all 3 of those?

IMG_1192_zpsasetrfff.jpg. Sorry I didn't get back to u sooner just got home from work . This is an American Bass VFL 120.1, 2200RMS at 1ohm I'm running at .6ohms so I'm thinking about 2600-3000 RMS and yes got an alternator and 4 batteries. I really wanted 2 SA's ported even had some guys on this site trying to help me with a box design and I appreciated all the help these guys here will help with anything but it just wouldnt work unless u manage an external port. That Sundown amp is perfect for 2 or 3 subs.

Thats definitely a interesting box. I really don't need all of the floor room in front of the box, if a external port just took up a little extra room in the center that would be fine. I just want my seat back for setting stuff on top of it like a box or a person perhaps lol11m6q91.jpg

This is literally what I'm doing right now with my 2 12's :rofl:

Then u can bring the box more forward and do a t-line port that should work . 14 or 15 inch deep might be enough.

Just picked up a SCV2000D, extra xs battery and some 0gauge to redo my wiring. Although your set up is pretty slick I really want to push my luck and try to run a ported however I can manage it. If all else fails, I'm going to be your twin I think.

wjgrr7.jpg

I found this picture, Thats pretty much the design I was going for but obviously in the dimensions stated above (11" High tapering down to 8.25" - 52"Wide - and the depth is my variable) Would this still not allow the port room? I might make a sad attempt at drawing what I'm trying to explain on paper and just uploading the picture but I'm really trying to tackle this. I was thinking 1 sub on each far end.

Archived