Sundown Audio

Wiring With box rise figured out?

Loud_Low_SuperSlowed

Ive been gaining more and more knowledge in the car audio or just speaker world itself.

I used to always think Ohms were "static" and never changed (with subwoofers)

But with people kindly informing me, ive learned thats not true. My question or topic is... I will soon have 3 subwoofers each with true dual 2 ohm coils. If i have 3 subwoofers thats (x6) 2 ohm coils. If i wired them all in parallel then that would come out to be .33 ohms before any other "force" is acted on them. Now .33 ohms is quite low for an amp.

But box rise is a factor that comes into play. If i were to measure my box rise and lets say i at least have a .67 (very unlikely) or at least a .7 ohm rise through out all the frequencies i play (lets say 24-80) then would it be safe to wire a .33 ohm load to an amp?

I hope this isnt a stupid question in theory its clear it would be fine since the amp wouldnt be seeing low ohms but i just want to make sure im nee to this and there could be something else that effects ohms that im not aware about. Thank you for taking your time to inform and educate me.

There are more factors to it. Box tuning and volume have an effect on it as well as cabin volume and windows / doors open or closed. The only way to find out is to experiment.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived