aBav20 Posted June 9, 2016 Report Posted June 9, 2016 I just installed my new equipment in my car. Rockford Fosgate p1000x1bd, dd 715, and a custom box. I put it all together and used the C.L.E.A.N setup. Unfortunately I'm disappointed with the performance from the sub. My hds312 shits on this sub. Then I noticed the box the sub came in said "d4" on it. The guy sold me the wrong impedance without either of us noticing. I called him and the d2 sub will be going in next week. Right now I'm putting about 850 watts to the sub and it barely puts out. Once I get the d2 sub Ill be putting 1400 watts to the sub. I'm hoping for a world of difference. Is that what I should expect? I'm a little worried because the DD 700 series have a rms range of 600w-1200w. Will the sub preform the same across this range? Or will an increase of about 600 watts really bring this sub to life?
ckeeler11 Posted June 9, 2016 Report Posted June 9, 2016 When you double the wattage you gain about 3db's it will be noticeable. what are your box specs? that might have more to do with your lack of output.
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted June 9, 2016 Report Posted June 9, 2016 That sub is never going to see 1400 watts, just sayin. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
ckeeler11 Posted June 9, 2016 Report Posted June 9, 2016 According to the Rockford site at 4-ohms it is only putting out 300 watts and at 1 ohm it is putting out 1,000. so should see pretty good bump.
aBav20 Posted June 9, 2016 Author Report Posted June 9, 2016 I'm using the specs that came on the birthsheet. But that's besides the point. I guess what I'm trying to ask is if my current setup (rf p1000x1bd, dd 715, custom box) should slap harder than my old setup (hifonics bex1750, hds312, prefab box) the hds3 was ran to 2 ohms keep in mind
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.