So much fail in this thread. There are many of us who know how to install deadener, it is not a guarantee that it will never fall off. And civic guy, I knew you weren't the most experienced but to say that it works the exact same is just utter crap. It does not work the same, or as good.

The bottom line is, many people who don't care will spend what they think is cheap money on third rate products for less performance. And the fact that many will continue to do so makes this thread pointless. There will always be fatmat/peel and seal customers as long as uneducated people focus on the lowest price.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

well its not always as clear cut as that. but everyone is entitled to their opinion. the fatmat i purchased was done with its supposed non stick issues and smell in mind. i found a way to combat both and it worked out well as an underskin to the carpet pad. i sure as heck wont use it on vertical surfaces but it worked very well for what i needed it for. i would have needed probably 50-70 sw feet of other thicker material at several times the cost and as it would also have gone underneath carpet pad its benefits would have been limited. the less performance i agree with not necesssarily the holier than though douchebag approach to its delivery but i will agree as i have several different products in the car the fatmat is the least effective of the 3. but as i said it did what i needed it to and saved me enough money to buy a BNIB dqxs from a DIYMA member. will i buy it again NO. but this is my last self install and it worked out.

• 1 year later...

Over a year later and nothing has fallen off or even come close. I have nothing but good things to say about fat matt when used properly. There is no smell whatsoever and on the proper surfaces that have been properly prepared its great.

I think the most important thing in installing fat at is letting it sit out in the sun and get nice and gooey and flexible . If you install it cold it will not stick. I know the company says it does not need to be heated but I tried for arguments sake to install it the way they said and it was a fail and fell off an hour later. YOU HAVE TO PRE HEAT IT. If you do it will go on easier and stay on.

Archived