blakdragon79 Posted June 13, 2016 Report Posted June 13, 2016 Hey guys. This is my first time posting on a forum so I hope I don't sound too nubie. Got a Fi12" Q and I want to build a ported box but I want it to be as small as I can make it. I'll be powering it w a RF T1500. The guy at Fi recommended a 1.8 cuft box using a single full length 4" aeroport kit. Would someone be able to design a small box for me that would work well with this sub?
Joe X Posted June 13, 2016 Report Posted June 13, 2016 I would have no problem with the 1.8 net but the 4" port is not going to work well as you are giving full rated power to the sub.
Triticum Agricolam Posted June 13, 2016 Report Posted June 13, 2016 +1 to what Joe X said. What vehicle is this sub going to be put in and what are the max dimensions of your space? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
blakdragon79 Posted June 14, 2016 Author Report Posted June 14, 2016 Ok so no 4"port. It's going in a 2015 Honda accord coupe. Gotta measure the trunk though. Not sure exactly the amount of space I have
Joe X Posted June 15, 2016 Report Posted June 15, 2016 So here is a suggestion, need to check if the suggested dimensions will work for you, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 2 1/2", figure is just an assembly guide: NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.
blakdragon79 Posted June 15, 2016 Author Report Posted June 15, 2016 Awesome! So slot port is the best way to go for what I'm doing?
Joe X Posted June 15, 2016 Report Posted June 15, 2016 You need to determine if the above is small enough for your needs. Something smaller could be done with 2 4" aeros but it would be just a little smaller and would have less port area than the slot ported box above.
blakdragon79 Posted June 17, 2016 Author Report Posted June 17, 2016 Ok that should be fine if a smaller design will only save me an inch or 2. Thank you for your help.
Joe X Posted June 17, 2016 Report Posted June 17, 2016 With the two 4" round ports you would get 25W (keeping depth and height the same) but you do lose port area and you would need to turn and length match the ports inside so that they fit fully internal.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.