tweeters wont fit! safe to mix and match?

akuma4u

i recently bought 4 crescendo pwx 6.5s (4 ohms) and 2 of their black anodized tweeters (8ohms) with 2 crossovers

the 6.5s fit in fine.. needed to cut some plastic away to make them fit but they fit... the tweeters on the other hand are HUGE and will not fit in the factory door spot. It is hard to find another spot to place these huge tweeters...

so my question is this:

can i use a different pair of tweeters from a different company/brand? something that will fit in my factory location?

if so , can i use the same crossovers that came with the crescendos or should i use the new crossovers that come with the new tweeters?

is all this safe to do?

thank you

I would use whatever comes with the new tweeters. Did you measure to make sure the new ones you ordered will fit?

the crescendo almost fit but were a half an inch too thick.. so anything half an inch less than the crescendoss will be fine which wont be hard because most tweeters are much smaller than these cresendos..

should i be sticking to 8 ohms for the tweeters again?

If 8 ohms was what you needed before then what has changed that makes you think it isn't what you need now?

the crescendo rep that constructed my order said to use 8 ohms with the 4 ohm speakers but he was kinda like debating on the decision, so thats why im asking, maybe its better to use 4 ohm and 4 ohm tweeters

what are you using for a crossover on the kids? The tweeter crossover will have to match the ohm rating of the tweeter.

okay, i need matching 4 or 8 ohm crossovers @ 5000hz and 4 or 8 ohm tweeters that play 5khz and up

the crossover has to be @ 5000hz or around there because my mids play up to that frequency range.

im new to this shit so bare with me, i hope i answered your question

Archived